Olentangy/Powell: One burglary, one attempt in Powell neighborhood
The Delaware County Sheriff's Office responded twice Aug. 7 to the 3000 block of Bear Pointe Circle, where burglars apparently attempted to break into one home and were successful in stealing $2,700 worth of items from another.
Reports said the first victim called the sheriff's office about 5 p.m. to report the home's front door had been broken and $2,500 of jewelry, $200 cash and a pillowcase were been stolen.
A neighbor reported at 5:30 p.m. that a front door frame was damaged as if someone had tried to gain access to the home, reports said.
In other recent sheriff's reports:
* Between Aug. 1 and 6, a GPS device was taken from a vehicle belonging to a resident of the 3000 block of Greenville Drive in Lewis Center. According to reports, the device is valued at $200.
* An air compressor was reported stolen from a truck bed between 9 and 11:30 a.m. Aug. 8. Reports said the truck was parked at a business in the 8000 block of Owensfield Drive in Powell.
* Identity thieves were able to steal $6,500 from a Lewis Center resident's bank account. Reports said the victim, who lives in the 7000 block of Keaton Court, noticed the charges Aug. 5.
* Between 10 p.m. Aug. 8 and 9:51 a.m. Aug. 12, thieves took two bicycles, a golf bag with a full set of clubs, and a pair of sandals from a garage in the 2000 block of Cannon Circle in Lewis Center. According to reports, the items together are worth $740.
* A resident of the 4000 block of Aberdeen Avenue in Powell reported to police Aug. 5 he found a water pipe used to smoke marijuana in front of his home, near the street under some bushes. Reports said deputies retrieved the drug paraphernalia and took it to the office's property room to be destroyed.