For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, extension 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
Register for these programs
* "Leaf Lesson," 2 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 13. Identify leaves using a picture guide, then trace a leaf or two on a pumpkin and carve out the design. All ages. Cost is $5 for materials. Registration is due Oct. 6. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Preschool Park Pals program, "Leaves are Falling," 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 17. Free program for ages 4 and 5 will include a short hike. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. Registration due by Oct. 10.
No registration is required for these programs:
* "Soup's On!" 11 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 5. How did a frugal 1930s wife feed her family with limited resources? Learn soup-making and taste three stand-by soups. Kids will take home bean soup mix. Ages 7 and older. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Golden Marathon, 1:30 p.m., Monday, Oct. 7. Older adults can take a 1- to 2- mile walk. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
* Feature Presentation: Nature, 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 11. Enjoy a free movie in The Lodge on a nature topic, along with some popcorn and drinks. Bring a blanket and pillow. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
* Hue Hunt, noon to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 12. Come to The Lodge, grab a bag of paint chips and try to find the same colors in nature. Enjoy a craft and a snack. All ages. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.