Preservation Parks news
For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, extension 3 or email email@example.com. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
No registration is needed for these activities:
* Celebrate the Apple, noon to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 19. See apples baked, pressed, boiled and more. All ages. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* All Aboard for Railroad Fun, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 19, and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20. Watch the model trains and ask the railroaders club members about railroads in America. All ages. Big Walnut Community Trail, 168 S. Vernon St., Sunbury.
* Ravine Hike, 3 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 20. Head down the stream corridor with shale cliffs as the backdrop. A light sprinkling of geology, botany and birding will be mixed in. Ages 16 and older. Shale Hollow Preserve, 6320 Artesian Run. (NOTE: this park is not yet officially open. To reach the park from U.S. 23 just south of Hyatts Road, turn west on Olentangy Crossings Boulevard and then north on Artesian Run.)
* Golden Marathon, 1:30 p.m., Monday, Oct. 21. Hike for older adults. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Homeschool Adventures: Terrific Trees, 10 a.m., Thursday, Oct. 24. Tree anatomy, why leaves change color, basic tree identification and more will be discussed. Ages 7 and older. Hogback Ridge Preserve, 2656 Hogback Road.