A man living in the 7600 block of Pinehill Road in Orange Township told the Delaware County Sheriff's Office he was the victim of a scam at 9 a.m. Nov. 20. The victim said an unidentified man claiming to be his son told him he was in an accident and now in jail. Another unidentified man, claiming to be the son's lawyer, asked the victim to send money via a wire transfer, reports said. The victim transferred $3,900 to a town in Colombia, according to sheriff's reports.
A woman living in the 4000 block of Greensview Drive in Powell reported that between 6 p.m. Nov. 21 and 7:30 a.m. Nov. 23, she was the victim of an online scam. The woman said she sent $1,000 to an unknown subject who claimed she had won $100,000 in a lottery contest on Facebook, according to sheriff's reports.
In other recent sheriff's reports:
* A woman reported a burglary between Nov. 19 and 21 at her home in the 900 block of Matthews Brook Lane in Powell. The woman said her jewelry box and jewelry valued at $82,000 were missing from the home.
* A woman reported a burglary in progress at 2 p.m. Nov. 19 at her home in the 5200 block of Maple Court in Lewis Center. She said two men entered her home. A deputy made contact with the two men, but it was unclear if a crime had been committed, police said.
* A nonprofit organization reported a theft between Nov. 18 and 25 that occurred at a business in the 8600 block of Columbus Pike in Lewis Center. The agency reported a loss of $1,000, according to sheriff's reports.
* A woman living in the 3200 block of Foxcraft Drive in Lewis Center reported she was the victim of theft by deception between Nov. 11 and 22. Her loss was estimated at $3,000, according to sheriff's reports.
* Two men reported a theft that took place between 6 and 7:30 p.m. Nov. 22 at a business in the 8600 block of Columbus Pike in Lewis Center. The men said windows in their cars had been damaged and an estimated $5,000 in property had been removed.
* A woman reported an unknown suspect damaged and entered her car at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 22 in the 1300 block of Cameron Avenue in Lewis Center. The woman said a laptop bag and checkbook were missing from the car.
A woman living in the first block of Thornbury Lane told Powell police her credit card had been fraudulently used between Dec. 12 and 16.