For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, extension 3 or email email@example.com.
Register for these upcoming programs:
* Native Gardens, 9 to 11 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 1. Naturalists will help participants add to their landscapes plants that both attract and provide food for birds and butterflies. Bring a drawing or blueprint of your yard; you'll leave with a garden plan. Breakfast is included, and children are welcome to accompany parents. Cost is $5. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. Register by Jan. 24.
* Soup & Stroll: 11 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 2. Learn about Dutch oven cooking, hike and enjoy soup made from farm vegetables. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road. Free, but donations are accepted. Register by Jan. 27.
No registration is necessary to attend these programs:
* Scavenger Hunt on the Farm, noon to 5 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 19. Explore the farmhouse and outbuildings to discover items useful on 1930s and '40s farms. Check off items and win a prize. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Railroad Fun, noon to 4 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 19. Watch model trains travel through a miniature village, and learn a bit about the railroad industry in America. Big Walnut Community Trail, 168 S. Vernon St.
* Stars and Stories, 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 25. Hike a candlelit trail to discover various constellations. Peek through a telescope at the night sky, enjoy a cup of hot chocolate, then make a take-home craft. All ages. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
* Cold Winter's Night Hike, 7 p.m., Friday, Jan. 31. At this mid-winter hike, we'll call for owls, listen for coyotes, and learn how animals survive the winter. Ages 7 and older. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.