A quick-thinking employee stopped a theft at a Lewis Center business last month, according to Delaware County Sheriff's reports.
The employee called police about 6:30 p.m. Jan. 12 to report a theft in progress at the business in the 8600 block of Columbus Pike. Deputies arrived and arrested two men on charges of felony theft after discovering them with $1,662 worth of store merchandise, according to sheriff's reports.
Cameron T. Delibera, 19, of Winslow Drive in Columbus is scheduled for arraignment Feb. 14, according to Delaware County court records. Justin T. Elston, 18, also of Winslow Drive, pleaded not guilty Jan. 30, according to court records.
In other recent county sheriff's reports:
* A man reported he was the victim of theft and identity fraud between 4 and 6 p.m. Jan. 8 after his wallet was stolen at Olentangy Liberty High School, 3584 Home Road in Liberty Township. The man said the wallet, which contained $10 and a debit card, was stolen while he was working out in the weight room at the school.
* A man reported a burglary that occurred between 1:30 and 7 p.m. Jan. 8 in the 2100 block of Wingate Drive in Liberty Township. The man said several items were taken from his home, including $3,100 in American and Australian dollars and Euros.
* A woman reported a breaking and entering that occurred between 7 p.m. Jan. 9 and 7 a.m. Jan. 10 in the 6000 block of South Old State Road in Lewis Center. A double oven valued at $1,900 was taken from a house that was under construction, according to sheriff's reports.
* A woman reported a burglary that occurred between 5 p.m. Jan. 6 and 7 p.m. Jan. 7 in the 700 block of Hawksbury Way in Liberty Township. She said $23,500 worth of jewelry was taken from the house.
* A woman reported she was raped Jan. 6 in Lewis Center. The report is under investigation, according to the sheriff's office.
* Powell police are investigating a report of breaking and entering that occurred between Jan. 22 and 29 in the 200 block of Olentangy Ridge Place. Someone stole $3,500 worth of copper piping from a home, according to police reports.
* A woman reported a theft that occurred between 4:30 and 6:15 p.m. Jan. 28 at a business in the 3400 block of Sawmill Parkway. The woman said someone stole her wallet, which contained her Social Security card, a debit card and $60 in cash.