Three Delaware County residents were arrested earlier this month after a Powell man reportedly was threatened with a firearm while walking near his home.
The victim reported he was walking near the intersection of Home Road and Guard Well Street between 10 and 11 p.m. March 9 when he was threatened.
Powell police said the victim is thought to be innocent of any wrongdoing, but the suspects might have thought he was trespassing or snooping around the site.
Powell police and Delaware County Sheriff's deputies arrived at the scene, followed three suspects and arrested them near the intersection of U.S. Route 23 and Coal Bend in Orange Township, according to police reports.
Police arrested Nicholas J. Brown, 22, of Troy Road in Delaware, Samantha N. Cook, 18, of Hyatts Road in Delaware, and James J. Williams, 34, of Home Road in Powell, according to police reports.
Brown was charged with obstructing official business, a fifth-degree felony, according to police reports.
Cook was charged with improperly handling a firearm in a motor vehicle, a fourth-degree felony; obstructing official business, a fifth-degree felony; and resisting arrest, a second-degree misdemeanor, reports said.
Williams was charged with tampering with evidence, a third-degree felony; obstructing official business, a fifth-degree misdemeanor; and aggravated menacing, a first-degree misdemeanor, reports said.
Police said the investigation continues and more charges are possible.
In other recent police reports:
• A man living in the 4100 block of Laurel Valley Drive reported a case of identity fraud that occurred between Feb. 27 and Feb. 28. The man said someone attempted to steal his tax return.
• A man living in the first block of Aston Court reported a case of identity theft that occurred between 8 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
• A woman reported a theft from a vehicle that occurred between 9:45 and 11:15 a.m. March 9 in the 7000 block of Olentangy River Road in Liberty Township. A GPS unit, a remote starter and a wallet containing a debit card were stolen from the car, according to Delaware County Sheriff's reports.
The total loss was estimated at $1,080, reports said.
• A woman living in the 1500 block of Geranium Drive in Lewis Center reported a case of identity fraud that occurred between 7:30 a.m. March 8 and 9 a.m. March 10. The woman said an unknown suspect used her credit-card number to make purchases totaling $614 via the Internet, according to sheriff's reports.
• A man living in the 7300 block of Cook Road in Concord Township reported a case of identity fraud that occurred between midnight March 3 and 11:30 a.m. March 5. The man said $6,045 was fraudulently charged to his credit card.
• A woman living in the 11000 block of Riverwind Drive in Liberty Township reported theft by deception that occurred between 7 p.m. March 14 and noon March 15. She said she had given her credit-card number to an unknown suspect over the phone and that person had stolen $300.
• A man living in the 8600 block of Kirkland Drive in Lewis Center reported a case of identity theft that occurred between 8 a.m. March 8 and 5 p.m. March 11.