A Liberty Township woman reported someone stole her identity in order to pay for a casino trip.
The woman, who lives in the 7400 block of Bridlespur Lane, reported to Delaware County Sheriff's deputies that an unknown person had accessed her bank account between 2 and 3 a.m. April 2. Money from the victim's account then was spent at Hollywood Casino Columbus, according to sheriff's reports.
The suspect spent $2,539 of the victim's money, reports said. Deputies are investigating the incident.
In other recent sheriff's reports:
• A man reported his work vehicle was damaged between March 28 and April 1 while it was parked in the 7600 block of Green Meadows Boulevard in Lewis Center. The man said an unknown person caused $1,500 worth of damage to a window.
• A woman reported a theft that occurred between 11 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. April 2 in the 9800 block of Archer Lane in Concord Township. The woman said $300 cash and gift cards worth $1,900 were stolen by an unknown suspect.
• A business reported breaking and entering and theft that occurred between 4:30 p.m. March 2 and 7:30 a.m. March 3 in the 9800 block of Brewster Lane in Liberty Township. An unknown person stole $2,257 worth of copper pipes and other material, according to sheriff's reports.
• A man and a woman living in the 8800 block of Creighton Drive in Liberty Township reported identity theft that occurred between 3:30 and 5 p.m. April 3. The man said someone filed taxes using his and his wife's Social Security numbers. The IRS is investigating the case, reports said.
• Powell police officers responded to a report of theft that occurred between 8 p.m. March 2 and 7 a.m. March 3 at a work site in the 10500 block of Sawmill Parkway. A worker said an unknown suspect took $903 worth of tools from the building's roof.