The Delaware County Board of Commissioners is seeking to appoint a regular member and two alternate members to the Board of Zoning Appeals.
The board has five members who serve five-year terms. Candidates must be residents of the unincorporated area of the county included in the zoned area, Marlboro, Radnor and Thompson townships.
Members of the Board of Zoning Appeals work in conjunction with the zoning inspector and other local agents to ensure that policies and practices are adhered to and en-forced. Specific responsibilities of the Zoning Appeals Board are:
* to hear and decide appeals due to alleged error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official.
* to authorize, upon appeal, variance from the terms of the zoning resolution.
* to grant conditional zoning certificates for the use of land, buildings or other structures if such certificates are provided for in the zoning resolution.
Interested individuals may obtain an application through the Delaware County commissioners' office by
* picking up a Board Appointment Application at 101 N. Sandusky St.
* calling the commissioners' office at 740-833-2000 to have an application mailed.
* printing an application from the Delaware County Human Resources website at co.delaware.oh.us and mailing the completed form back to the address above.
Completed applications must be returned to the commissioners' office no later than 5 p.m. Thursday, May 1.