* Ohio Christian University recently held its spring commencement.
Tramise Hines of Lewis Center received a bachelor of arts in substance abuse counseling and Kimberly Trebonik of Powell graduated cum laude with a bachelor of arts in substance abuse counseling.
* Ohio State University student Sarah Montell was selected to represent OSU at the largest international civil society event for young leaders, the 2014 G20 Youth Forum in Munich, Germany.
Montell, a 2011 Olentangy High School graduate, is majoring in public affairs.
* Katherine Basore of Powell was initiated into the honor society Phi Kappa Phi at Carnegie Mellon University.
* Powell residents Colleen Burkhart, Lauren Evans, Brandon Fielding, Emily Frost, Michael Kington and Sydney Shepherd and Lewis Center resident Ross Smith graduated from the University of Dayton. Burkhart received a bachelor's degree in early childhood education. Evans earned a bachelor's degree in psychology. Fielding received a bachelor's degree in exercise science. Frost earned a bachelor's degree in entrepreneurship. Kington received a bachelor's degree in marketing. Shepherd received a bachelor's degree in pre-medicine. Smith earned a bachelor's degree in marketing.
* Andrea Karl of Powell was awarded a President's Medal in a ceremony at Denison University. The medal recognizes achievement by top students in each graduating class.
* Mary Ervin of Lewis Center was named to the 2014 spring semester dean's list at Marietta College. Matthew Napier of Powell earned Dean's High Honors at Marietta College for the spring semester.
* Lewis Center resident Hannah Fedako was named to the dean's list at Cedarville University for the spring 2014 semester. The freshman nursing major is the daughter of Shelly and Jim Fedako.
* Wesley Steen of Powell graduated from the College of Engineering & Science at University of Detroit Mercy, earning a master's degree in mechanical engineering.
* Powell resident Gina Boucouras graduated from Huntington University with a bachelor's degree in social work.
* Heidelberg University recently released the names of students named to the spring semester dean's list. Included on the list are Nicole Payne of Lewis Center, a junior business administration and psychology major, and Taylor Rambo of Powell, a senior education major.
* Taylor Rambo of Powell graduated from Heidelberg University at its spring 2014 commencement, receiving a bachelor's degree in education.
* Muskingum University has announced its dean's list for the spring 2014 semester. Powell resident Sara Sawdey was named to the list.
* The University of Dayton has announced its 2014 spring semester dean's list. Olentangy Valley area residents Alexander Heydorn, Tara Barboza, Colleen Burkhart, Christopher Fenlon, Emily Frost, Grant Georgic, Jameson Hackett, Kaleigh Jurcisek, Patrick Levy, Jonathan Ricci, Madeline Rocco, Hailey Scragg, Carly Shaw, Margaret Wagner, Lauren Evans and Sydney Shepherd were named to the list.