The Delaware County Sheriff's Office is searching for an unknown suspect who robbed a Berlin Township gas station last week.
The suspect, described by a witness as a light-skinned black man, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, entered Speedway, 5619 Columbus Pike, shortly after midnight May 30, according to a news release. The suspect was seen wearing a dark hat and hooded sweatshirt in surveillance photos.
The man, who had a handgun, demanded money from the cashier, and fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash, according to reports.
In other recent county sheriff's reports:
• A woman reported May 20 that a worker stole $4,000 worth of jewelry from her home in the 700 block of Hawksbury Way in Orange Township.
The alleged theft occurred between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. May 1, according to sheriff's reports. The woman said a known suspect took a ring valued at $1,000 and a necklace valued at $3,000 from her home.
An investigation showed a crime had taken place, but no charges have been filed, according to sheriff's reports.
• An unknown suspect stole cellphone accessories from an unlocked car between 3 and 4:30 p.m. May 15 in the 9600 block of Wedgewood Boulevard in Liberty Township, according to sheriff's reports. The items are valued at $40, reports said.
• Deputies responded to a business in the 100 block of Green Meadows Drive South in Lewis Center after receiving a report of forgery. A business employee said a Delaware resident forged the employee's letterhead and signature between 8 a.m. May 13 and 6:45 p.m. May 15.
The case remains under investigation, reports said.
• An unknown suspect broke into a vehicle parked near the intersection of Woodstone Drive and Lewis Center Road in Lewis Center between 2:15 and 3 p.m. May 17, according to sheriff's reports. Two victims said a bag, a wallet and sunglasses, together valued at $1,200, were stolen after the rear passenger-side window was shattered.
• A woman reported three rings were stolen from her between noon May 13 and 9 p.m. May 15 in the 8000 block of Crescent Drive in Lewis Center. The rings are valued at $3,350, according to sheriff's reports. A suspect has been identified but has not yet been charged, reports said.
• A woman reported a theft of two cellphones between 9:30 and 10:30 p.m. May 21 at a business in the 3400 block of Sawmill Parkway. The phones are valued at $1,050, according to Powell police reports.