A taxi driver reported he recently was assaulted by a Powell man who refused to pay his fare.
The driver arrived with a passenger in the 3500 block of Village Club Drive about 9:45 p.m. May 30, according to Powell police reports. The passenger allegedly refused to pay $20 for the ride, then attacked the driver.
A suspect has been identified, but no charges have been filed, according to police reports. The suspect could face a charge of theft, a first-degree misdemeanor, among other charges, reports said.
In other recent Powell police reports:
* Police discovered a business in the 3400 block of Market Street had been burglarized after responding to an alarm about 2:30 a.m. June 3. An unknown suspect broke into the business and stole $500 in cash, reports said.
* A woman reported someone broke into her car between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. June 4 while it was parked in the 3400 block of Sawmill Parkway. Two credit cards, a checkbook and $20 in cash were stolen from the vehicle, reports said.
* An unknown suspect stole multiple items from a car parked in the 200 block of North Liberty Street between 9:45 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. June 4, according to police reports. The victim said a laptop computer worth $3,000, a camera and lenses worth $1,500, a hard drive worth $200, and change purse containing $20 in change were stolen from the car.
* A man living in the 200 block of Briarbend Boulevard reported his identity was stolen between 8 a.m. May 28 and 6:45 p.m. June 2.
* An unknown suspect stole thousands of dollars worth of jewelry between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. May 26 from a home in the 5000 block of Sheffield Avenue in Liberty Township, according to Delaware County Sheriff's reports.
A woman reported someone broke in through the front door of her house and stole silverware valued at $16,800 and jewelry valued at $15,000.
* A woman reported her apartment in the 1100 block of Bayridge Drive in Lewis Center was burglarized between 8:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. May 29. An unknown suspect caused $500 worth of damage to her front door, according to sheriff's reports.
* A man reported his garage was burglarized between 6 p.m. May 25 and 10:30 a.m. June 1 in the 1500 block of South Three B's & K Road in Berlin Township. About $450 in damage was sustained by a garage door and framework, according to sheriff's reports.
* A man living in the 5600 block of Chapman Road in Liberty Township reported May 27 that his identity had been stolen sometime in 2007.
The man said a collections agency contacted him regarding $2,300 in debt he owed on a cellphone account. Someone had used his Social Security number to fraudulently set up an account, reports said.