A Delaware County woman recently discovered that a tablet computer stolen from her home in Lewis Center was in the possession of an electronics recycling business in California.
An unknown suspect stole the tablet and a cellphone between May 20 and June 9 from a home in the 8000 block of Crescent Drive, according to Delaware County sheriff's reports.
The victim of the theft tracked the tablet down at a California business after someone dropped it in an electronics recycling box off Polaris Parkway, reports said. The cellphone has not been located.
The victim expected to receive the tablet back after providing the company with documentation about the theft, reports said.
In other recent Delaware County sheriff's reports:
• A woman reported a burglary that occurred between 11:30 p.m. June 11 and 1:30 a.m. June 12 in the 10100 block of Widdington Close in Liberty Township. An unknown suspect took a tablet valued at $100, a passport and two credit cards, among other items, according to sheriff's reports.
• An unknown suspect stole two rings between Oct. 1 and June 12 from a residence in the 3100 block of Abbey Knoll Drive in Lewis Center, according to sheriff's reports. The rings are valued at $25,000, reports said.
• Someone stole two custom skateboards from an open garage between 2 and 8 p.m. June 11 in the 2500 block of Tulane Court in Lewis Center, according to sheriff's reports. The boards are valued at $438, reports said.
• An unknown suspect stole three rings after breaking into a home between 6:45 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. June 12 in the 6200 block of Moore Road in Concord Township, according to sheriff's reports. The rings are valued at $1,550, according to reports.
• An unknown suspect reportedly broke into a vacant storefront in the 9600 block of Sawmill Parkway in Liberty Township between 7 a.m. June 7 and 3:30 p.m. June 14. Nothing was missing from the site, but a lock was damaged, according to sheriff's reports.
• A man living in the 2300 block of Bold Venture Drive in Lewis Center reported someone stole his identity June 12. The man said someone opened a bank account in his name.
• A man reported a theft from a vehicle that occurred between 10:30 and 11:45 a.m. June 14 while the car was parked in the 8700 block of Big Bear Avenue in Liberty Township. Items valued at $557, including a GPS unit and a wallet, were stolen from the vehicle, reports said.
• A woman reported a theft from a vehicle between 4:30 and 5:15 p.m. June 15 while the car was parked in the 4100 block of Lewis Center Road. An unknown suspect stole $120 in cash and a wallet from the car after breaking a window, according to sheriff's reports.
• Someone broke into a car between 4:15 and 6:45 p.m. June 14 while it was parked at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, 4850 W. Powell Road. The victim said a purse valued at $60 was taken from her car, reports said.
• Powell police responded between 11:15 p.m. and midnight June 17 to reports of an unconscious man in the 100 block of Glen Abbey Court.
After arriving, police discovered the man was in possession of more than 60 prescription pills, according to police reports. The man was arrested and charged with selling, purchasing, distributing or delivering dangerous drugs, a first-degree misdemeanor, reports said.
• A man reported a residence in the 3300 block of Home Road was burglarized between June 7 and 10. An unknown suspect broke in through the front door and damaged several appliances, according to police reports.
• A woman reported a theft from a vehicle that occurred shortly after 12:30 p.m. June 14 in the first block of East Olentangy Street. An unknown suspect broke one of the car's windows and stole a tablet valued at $500, according to police reports.