A Liberty Township woman contacted the Delaware County Sheriff's Office recently to report a suspicious note left on her car.
The woman parked her car and walked into a business around 6 p.m. June 30 in the 3900 block of Powell Road, according to sheriff's reports. After returning, she found a note on her car's windshield that read: "Greetings. You are absolutely beautiful. Maybe our paths will cross again," reports said.
The note was written on the back of a receipt for a pair of handcuffs, according to sheriff's reports.
The woman said she contacted police to document the incident in case anything happened to her in the future.
In other recent sheriff's reports:
• Deputies responded about 6:30 p.m. July 1 to Olentangy High School, 675 Lew is Center Road, after a report of an assault. A man said he was assaulted by a coach at the school, according to sheriff's reports. The case is under investigation and no charges have been filed, reports said.
• An unknown suspect broke into a work van between 3:30 p.m. July 2 and 6:30 a.m. July 3 in the 7700 block of Green Meadows Drive in Lewis Center, according to sheriff's reports. An employee said three spools of copper wire valued at $776 were stolen from the van.
• A man and a woman reported theft from a vehicle that occurred between 7 and 7:30 p.m. July 5 in the 4100 block of Lewis Center Road. An unknown suspect stole $200 in cash and other valuables after breaking the rear driver's-side window of the vehicle, according to sheriff's reports.
• A man reported witnessing someone enter his neighbor's home between 1 and 2 a.m. June 29 in the 1700 block of Royal Oaks Drive in Lewis Center. Upon arrival, deputies discovered a window at the residence had been damaged, according to sheriff's reports.
• An unknown suspect stole a woman's purse between 7:45 and 8 p.m. July 1 while she was visiting Zoombezi Bay, 10 101 Riverside Drive, according to sheriff's reports. The purse and its contents are valued at $2,306, reports said.
• A man reported a gift card was stolen between midnight and 9:15 p.m. June 28 from the 8500 block of O ak Village Boulevard in Lewis Center. The gift card was used to make a purchase at a Polaris-area business, according to sheriff's reports.
• A woman living in the 2600 block of Coltsbridge Drive in Lewis Center reported she was the victim of identity theft between 5 p.m. June 23 and 10:45 a.m. July 3. The woman claimed her daughter's boy-friend stole her credit card and used it for more than a week.
• A man living in the 10500 block of Torrington Drive in Liberty Township reported he was the victim of identity theft between March 27 and June 28. An unknown suspect set up multiple telephone accounts in the victim's name, according to sheriff's reports.
• Two men face felony charges following an alleged purse-snatching last week in Powell.
A woman contacted Powell police shortly before 11:30 a.m. July 6 to report someone had stolen her purse and wallet at a business in the 4000 block of West Powell Road.
Shortly before 1:30 p.m. July 6, police arrested two men for their alleged roles in the incident at their residence on East High Street in Ostrander, according to police reports.
William F. Terry, 23, faces charges of theft without consent and receiving stolen property, both fifth-degree felonies, reports said.
Dillon L. Terry, 21, faces a charge of receiving stolen property, a fifth-degree felony, reports said.
• An attempted breaking and entering was reported between 11 and 11:45 p.m. July 6 at a construction site in the 10500 block of Sawmill Parkway. An unknown suspect caused $500 worth of damage to a metal entry door, according to police reports.
• A business in the 4000 block of West Powell Road reported it received forged prescriptions between 2:45 p.m. July 6 and 4 p.m. July 7. The business turned over forged prescriptions for hundreds of painkillers to police, reports said.
• A man living in the 4200 block of Village Club Drive reported he was the victim of identity theft at some point on July 7. An unknown suspect stole $9,000 by accessing the man's credit card account, according to police reports.
• A man living in the 3900 block of Village Club Drive reported he was the victim of identity fraud between 8 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. July 8.