A Liberty Township man could face charges after he allegedly fired his rifle at a skunk in the street.
Delaware County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a man shooting a rifle shortly before 9:45 p.m. July 14 near the intersection of Olentangy River Road and Olentangy View Drive. Deputies discovered a man who lived nearby was attempting to shoot a skunk, according to sheriff's reports.
The deputies did not make an arrest, but the case was forwarded to the Delaware County Prosecutor's Office for further review, according to sheriff's reports.
The man could face charges of inducing panic or discharge of a firearm on or near prohibited premises, both first-degree misdemeanors, reports said.
In other recent sheriff's reports:
* Deputies responded to a burglary alarm shortly before 11:30 p.m. July 17 at a business in the 1100 block of East Powell Road in Lewis Center. Upon arrival, deputies discovered an unknown suspect had forced entry through a back door and stolen $2,904 in cash, according to sheriff's reports.
* Two women reported their property was stolen between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. July 18 from a vehicle parked at the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, 4850 W. Powell St. in Liberty Township. An unknown suspect took a cellphone valued at $500, a tablet computer worth $200, a GPS unit valued at $200, and a purse valued at $65, according to sheriff's reports.
* A woman reported an unknown suspect shattered the front passenger-side window of her car between 3:30 and 4:15 p.m. July 18 at Alum Creek State Park, 3400 Lewis Center Road in Lewis Center. A cellphone valued at $25 was reported missing from the car.
* A woman living in the 600 block of Matthews Brook Lane in Orange Township reported her identity was stolen between 8 a.m. July 16 and 9:15 a.m. July 18.
* A man told Powell police someone entered his garage and stole several items between midnight and 8 p.m. July 27 in the 500 block of Engelwood Court. A sound mixer, a leaf blower and an air compressor, together worth $1,000, were stolen, reports said.
* A Columbus man faces misdemeanor drug charges after the police department's K-9 unit allegedly found marijuana in his car, according to police reports.
Police discovered marijuana and a pipe in a car parked at Adventure Park, 260 Adventure Park Drive, after they located a suspicious vehicle shortly after 9:30 p.m. July 23, reports said.