Delaware County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a male suspect who allegedly sexually assaulted a man last week at a park in Lewis Center.
An 18-year-old Powell man reported he was sexually assaulted by an unknown suspect about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, at Highbanks Metro Park, 9466 U.S. Route 23.
The suspect in the case was described as a middle-aged man of Indian descent, 5-foot-11 and about 170 pounds. The suspect was wearing a white T-shirt with black vertical stripes and black athletic shorts at the time of the incident.
The victim said the suspect had salt-and-pepper hair, a goatee and spoke with a slight accent.
Sheriff's office spokeswoman Tracy Whited said the victim was not seriously injured in the attack, and officials think the assailant did not have a weapon. She said no one witnessed the crime, but park visitors saw the suspect leaving the scene and helped the victim find a park ranger.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the sheriff's office at 740-833-2000.
In other recent incident reports:
• A business in the 5000 block of Home Road in Liberty Township reported a case of breaking and entering that occurred between July 6 and 25. An employee stole $2,526 worth of equipment, according to sheriff's reports.
The suspect was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital in Delaware for a mental health evaluation, according to sheriff's reports. No charges have been filed and the incident is under investigation, reports said.
• A woman reported she was scammed by an unknown suspect between 2:15 and 3:30 p.m. July 31 at a business in the 8700 block of Owenfield Drive in Orange Township. The victim paid a woman $100 for a gift card that had no money on it, according to sheriff's reports.
• A woman reported a GPS unit and a DVD player were stolen from her car between 11:30 a.m. July 29 and 7:45 a.m. July 30 in the 300 block of Shyanne Court. The electronics are valued at $250, according to Powell police reports.
• A man reported an air compressor and a saw were stolen from his truck between 8 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. July 30 while it was parked in the 600 block of Petworth Court. The tools are valued at $400, according to reports.
• A California man reported the license plates had been stolen from his car between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. Aug. 3 while the car was parked on East Olentangy Street.