A resident of the 100 block of Wagnalls Court reported at 6:35 a.m. Feb. 14 someone had attempted to steal her vehicle from the driveway of her residence.
Pickerington police said the woman told officers she left her residence and saw a young man attempting to open the driver's side door of her vehicle which was was running but was locked because it is equipped with an electronic remote starting system.
The woman told police when the man saw her, he ran and got into the passenger side of a white, older model truck.
Officers checked the area, but were unable to locate the suspects.
* A 34-year-old Columbus man was arrested and charged with theft, 22 counts of driving with a suspended driver's license, and possession of drug abuse instruments at 2:50 p.m. Feb. 14.
Reports said loss prevention personnel at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive contacted police and said the suspect had stolen several items of clothing and fled the scene in a tan Buick.
Officers stopped the vehicle on Refugee Road in the parking lot of the police department.
The loss prevention personnel confirmed the man was the suspect they saw stealing clothing.
The man was in possession of pants worth $145, which were all returned to the business according to reports.
When officers were impounding his vehicle, they located a used syringe containing a brown residue in the vehicle.
The man was released with a pending court date in Fairfield County Municipal Court
* A 19-year-old Pickerington woman was arrested at 12:54 a.m. Feb. 15 in the 400 block of West Columbus Street after she struck her boyfriend with a closed fist twice in the head during an argument that became violent according to reports.
The woman was taken to the Fairfield County Jail and has a pending court date in Fairfield County Municipal Court.
* A 39-year-old Columbus woman was arrested at 2:49 p.m. Feb. 15 and charged with theft.
Reports said police were contacted by loss prevention personnel at a business in the 1000 block of Hill Road after they detained the woman for shoplifting.
Reports said the woman paid for $70 worth of groceries, but concealed another $40 worth of items for which she did not pay did not pay.
She was given a mandatory court date in Pickerington Mayor's Court and released, according to reports.
* A business in the 800 block of Refugee Road reported at 6:47 p.m. Feb. 17 three men were seen taking wooden pallets from behind the store.
The business provided police with a video of the theft.
* Two Lancaster men, ages 25 and 31 were arrested for theft at 6:08 p.m. Feb. 18 after loss prevention personnel at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive reported to police the two subjects had left the store with several clothing items without paying.
Reports said the clothing items valued at $120 were located in the vehicle the suspects were sitting in when police arrived.
The items were returned to the business and both subjects were placed under arrest.
One of the suspects was later released, but police learned the second one was wanted on a warrant filed by the Licking County Sheriff's Office.
Reports said that suspect was released into the custody of a deputy.
Both men have a mandatory court date in Fairfield County Municipal Court.