Pickerington police are still looking for a man a Pataskala woman said followed her on state Route 256 and later said he was a police officer when she said she was calling the police.
Reports said the 23-year-old woman told police at 3:33 p.m. April 29 she had been followed by a man in a red Dodge Magnum from Interstate 70 southbound on Route 256.
She reported the man pulled up next to her and told her she was pretty.
Reports said when she told him to go away, he continued to follow behind her and then pulled up next to her again at the next traffic signal at Hill and Refugee roads.
The woman said she told the man she was calling police and the man stated he was a police officer and was on his way to work.
Reports said Pickerington officers were unable to locate the suspect.
Other recent Pickerington police reports included:
* Police responded with the Violet Township Fire department on a report of a vehicle fire at 4:45 p.m. April 25 in the parking lot of a business in the 1100 block of Hill Road.
Reports said the driver was able to escape with his dog without injury.The fire was extinguished by the fire department.
* Employees of a medical office in the 100 block of Clint Drive reported at 10:45 a.m. April 26 Chase Bank had contacted them stating someone was at the bank location attempting to cash a check bank officials believed was forged.
During an investigation they discovered another forged check had been cashed April 25 at a Chase location in Grandview Heights.
Police said the investigation continues.
* A 20-year-old Columbus woman was arrested at 8:38 p.m. April 26 and charged with theft after leaving a store in the 100 block of Postage Drive with $71 of merchandise for which she had not paid.
Reports said taken to the police station and later released with a mandatory court date in Fairfield County Municipal Court.
* A 32-year-old woman was arrested at 4:16 p.m. April 26 after stealing $243 worth of merchandise from a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive.
Reports said the woman fled the scene but was positively identified in a photograph by the store's loss prevention personnel.
Police said the report will be forwarded to the prosecutor's office for charges.
* Two 15-year-old girls were stopped at 6:44 p.m. April 26 by loss prevention at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive, after the girls took several clothing items and concealed them in a purse.
Reports said one of the girls was allowed to leave with her grandmother who was at the store with the girls and the other girl was released into the custody of her father.
A request for charges will be forwarded to the Fairfield County Juvenile Prosecutor's Office according to reports.
* Officers responded at 6:45 p.m. April 26 to a business in the 600 block of Hill Road North on a report of a damaged garage door and an alarm sounding.
Upon arrival officers met with the owner of the business who stated his son found the garage door had been broken down.
Reports said the business owner told police he had contacted the owner of another business in the building and an employee from that business was enroute.
The employee of the second business walked through the business with the officers and they discovered several electronic items and a company credit card had been stolen.
Bank officials reported the stolen credit card had been used at a local gas station.
Reports said officers spoke with the manager of the gas station and obtained surveillance video and the investigation continues.
* A resident of the 600 block of Montmorency Drive reported at 3:09 p.m. April 29 that items were missing from his residence.
He reported a Sony PlayStation and jewelry were missing.
Reports said it appears entry was made by prying open a window.
* The manager of a business in the 1700 block of Hill Road North reported at 10:23 p.m. April 29 someone had stolen three Nook HD tablet computers from a locked case sometime between 5 and 8:45 p.m.
Reports said the locked case had been pried open and the door removed. The value of the three Nooks totaled $899 according to reports.
* A Chillicothe woman reported at 10 p.m. April 30 her wallet had been stolen from a business in the 1100 block of Hill Road.
Reports said the woman told officers she had left the wallet in an unlocked locker.
* A 27-year-old Pickerington woman was arrested at 4:52 p.m. April 30 at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive and charged and charged with theft.
She was taken to the police station and later released after being given a court date in Fairfield County Municipal Court.