A fire at a condominium in the 200 block of Autumn Ridge Circle caused extensive damage May 30.
Pickerington police and the Violet Township Fired department were called at 7:54 a.m. by the homeowner who stated she had started her dryer and heard a loud popping noise.
Reports said the woman told police and fire officials she then started seeing smoke and called 911.
Other residents in the surrounding area were evacuated, and no injuries were reported, according to reports.
Fire officials and police said the fire caused significant damage to the residence.
Other recent Pickerington police reports included:
* Officers responded at 10 p.m. May 30 to a burglary alarm sounding at a business in the 1300 block of Hill Road North.
Reports said officers discovered the back door had been pried open.
The owner informed officers the business laptop had been stolen, according to reports.
An employee from a neighboring business was able to provide a description of a vehicle leaving the area just prior to officer's arrival, reports said.
* A 20-year-old Canal Winchester woman and a 20-year-old Ashville woman were arrested at 12:14 p.m. May 31 and charged with theft after being stopped by loss prevention personnel in the 100 block of Postage Drive after leaving the store without paying for clothing items.
Reports said both women had items in their purses which were returned to the store.
The women were taken to the police station and later released with mandatory court dates in Fairfield County Municipal Court, according to reports.
* A 37-year-old Pickerington man was arrested at 6:32 p.m. June 3 in the 100 block of Wagnalls Court and charged with domestic violence after an argument with his 16-year-old son turned violent.
Reports said he was taken to the Fairfield County Jail
* A 40-year-old Pickerington was arrested at 8:59 p.m. June 4 in the 1000 block of Hill Road North and charged with endangering children and obstructing official business after officers responded to the parking lot of a business on a report of a child being left in a locked vehicle.
Reports said the woman, after initially giving officers false information, admitted to leaving the child alone and unsupervised in the vehicle while she tanned.
The child did not sustain any harm, but the woman was charged and given a court date with Lancaster Municipal Court and released on her own recognizance, according to reports.
* A 35-year-old Pickerington man was arrested at 1:59 p.m. June 4 in the 1000 block of Hill Road North and charged with theft after he left the store with two BlueRay discs without paying for them.
Reports said he was charged and later released with a mandatory court date in Pickerington Mayor's Court.
* A 17-year-old Canal Winchester boy was arrested at 5 p.m. June 4 and charged with theft after he had passed the last point of sale without paying for merchandise at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive.
Reports said the juvenile was served with a no trespass order and released into the custody of his parents.