Pickerington: 2-year-old boy drowns after falling into hot tub
Pickerington police said a 2-year-old boy drowned after falling into a hot tub July 1.
Police reports said officers were called to the residence in the 1100 block of Brookview Circle after receiving a report a young child had fallen into a hot tub.
When officers arrived they performed CPR, with the assistance of a nurse who was at the scene, until Violet Township Fire department paramedics arrived.
The boy was transported by to Children's Hospital where he was later pronounced dead, according to reports.
Police said an investigation into the incident is ongoing.
In other recent Pickerington police reports:
* A woman living on West Columbus Street reported at 1:11 p.m. June 26 the rear door to her apartment had been kicked open. Reports said nothing was believed to have been stolen.
* A woman reported at 12:15 a.m. June 28 her purse had been stolen from her vehicle while it was parked in the 1500 block of Stonecreek Drive South.
* A resident of the 1200 block of Lookout Lane reported at 12:12 p.m. June 28 he found scratches on the hood of his car.
Photographs were taken and a report was requested for insurance purposes.
* A 22-year-old Reynoldsburg man reported at 1:18 p.m. June 29 his wallet was stolen from a locker at a business in the 1100 block of Hill Road North.
The man told police more than $200 was charged to his credit card before he realized it was gone.
* Two columbus men were arrested at 6:33 p.m. June 30 after police responded to a report of shoplifting at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive.
Reports said a 37-year-old man was arrested and charged with theft and possession of drug abuse instruments after the business' loss prevention personnel said he was seen shoplifting men's cologne.
The 37-year-old had entered a waiting vehicle prior to officer's arrival, but was stopped a few moments later.
The man admitted to having a hypodermic needle in his pocket at the time of the traffic stop.
Repoprts said a 31-year-old man who was a passenger in the vehicle was also arrested on a felony warrant filed by the Summit County Sheriff's Office.
Both men were taken to the Fairfield County Jail.
* A 29-year-old Pickerington woman was issued citations for three counts of child endangering after police received a report at 11:06 a.m. July 1 of three small children left unattended in a vehicle parked at a business in the 1100 block of Hill Road North.
Officers determined the woman left her 1-, 5- and 6-year-old children in the vehicle while she went inside a store.
Reports said the woman was given a mandatory court date in Fairfield County Municipal Court and released.
* The manager of a business in the 13000 block of Yarmouth Drive reported at 12:07 p.m. July 1a forged check written on a business account had been chased.
The manager told police a check in the amount of $4,850.06 had been cashed on the account, but the original check written to another business had been drafted as $250.06.
* A 22 year-old Pickerington woman was cited was cited for having a dog at large and given a court date in Pickerington Mayor's Court after officers were dispatched on a report of a dog running loose at 2:24 p.m. July 1 in the 300 block of Diley Road.
Officers located the dog and the owner via the tags on the dog's collar.
Reports said the woman had received five warnings about allowing her dogs to run at large prior to the July 1 incident.
* Officers were called at 1:32 p.m. July 1 to an apartment complex in the 100 block of Mockingbird Court when apartment complex representatives realized a man they had evicted two days prior was living in the woods on the property.
Officers found the man in the woods. Reports said he was extremely intoxicated.
He was taken to the Diley Ridge Medical Center to be examined and advised he was not allowed to return to the apartment property upon his release.
* Representatives of a business in the 600 block of Hill Road North reported at 3:16 p.m., July 1 an ex-employee had been altering her time sheets to reflect time and hours she did not work and submitting them with the other time sheets to a payroll company, as part of her assigned duties.
At the time of the report, the estimated loss amount was $18,000. Reports said the investigation is ongoing.
* A Pickerington woman reported at 9:25 a.m. July 2 the spare tire was stolen from the back of her Jeep while she was at a local gym in the 1100 block of Hill Road North.
Later the same day, a resident of Lancaster flagged down an officer at another business in the 1700 block of Hill Road North and reported that the day prior, someone had stolen the spare tire off of her Jeep as well.
Reports said there were no witnesses to either event and no suspects at this time
* A resident of the 500 block of Courtland Lane reported at 10:56 a.m. July 2someone had stolen two wallets from his vehicle parked in his driveway.
The man told police when he realized the wallets were gone, he called his bank and was told his credit cards had already been used at two local businesses.