Pickerington: Cash stolen in break-in at Hill Road restaurant
Pickerington police are investigating a break-in a restaurant in the 1200 block of Hill Road North.
At 9:43 a.m. July 5 the owner of the restaurant reported to police when he arrived at the business in the morning he realized someone had broken in.
Reports said the back door had been pried open and the safe, change box and cash drawers from both cash registers were missing.
Police said there are no suspects and the investigation is ongoing.
In other recent Pickerington police reports:
* A Columbus resident reported at 5:21 p.m. July 3 his wallet was stolen from a locker at a gym in the 1100 block of Hill Road North.
Reports said when the man discovered his credit cards missing, he contacted his bank and was told more than $1,000 had been charged against his account in three transactions and two other transaction attempts had been declined.
* A 20-year-old Pickerington woman was issued a citation for underage consumption of alcohol at 12:42 a.m. July 6 at a bar in the 12900 block of Stonecreek Drive N.W.
Reports said the woman was released at the scene with a mandatory court date in Pickerington Mayor's Court.
* A 30-year-old Johnstown woman was arrested and charged with theft at 3:16 p.m. July 6 after leaving a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive with $149 worth of tennis shoes without paying for them.
Reports said she was stopped by police in the parking lot as she was running away from the store's loss prevention personnel.
The woman taken to the police station and later released with a mandatory court date in Fairfield County Municipal Court.
* Another theft from the same business in the 100 block of Postage Drive was reported at 7:36 p.m. July 7.
Reports said police were contacted after a Columbus man and his wife left the store with items they did not purchase.
The store's loss prevention personnel told police they had the man in custody, but the woman had left the scene after striking one of the loss prevention personnel with her vehicle.
Reports said there were no injuries sustained from the incident and the report is being forwarded to the county prosecutor's office for official charges of theft against both subjects.
The man and his wife were also issues "no trespassing" orders for the property.
* A 19-year-old Pickerington man was arrested and charged with assault at 7:52 p.m. July 8 after police were called to a domestic dispute at a residence in the 1300 block of Landsend Circle.
Reports said the man was transported to the Fairfield County Jail
* A resident of the 500 block of Hilltop Drive reported at 4:38 p.m. July 8 someone had stolen 2 blank checks from his checkbook.
The man told police he was notified by his credit union someone had tried to open a checking account at a US Bank in German Village with a $400 check written on his account.
Police said the man stated his daughter had a friend stay the night at his home the previous day and he believes he might have taken the checks.