Pickerington: Thefts from vehicles reported on several streets
Pickerington police received several reports of thefts from vehicles..
According to reports, two residents of an apartment complex in the 100 block of Pickerington Ridge Drive reported July 24 their vehicles had been broken into sometime between 9 p.m. July 23 and 5:30 a.m. July 24.
In both incidents car windows were broken so the thief could get access to the vehicles.
Reports said one of the victims told police an amplifier valued at $300 taken.
At 2:05 p.m. July 24, a resident in the first block of Mockingbird Court reported someone had broken into his GMC van and stolen two handguns.
Reports said the van's passenger side lock had been broken by the thief.
At 6:15am July 29, several residents throughout the city -- including those living in the 700 block of Brevard Circle -- reported thefts from vehicles overnight.
Reports said items stolen included global positioning systems, cash and a watch.
Other residents reported their vehicles had been ransacked, but nothing was believed to have been taken.
Police have no suspects according to reports.
In other recent Pickerington police reports:
* Officers responded to a report of vehicles being vandalized at 4:40 p.m. July 25 in the 1300 and 1400 blocks of Landsend Circle.
Reports said several vehicles had been either ransacked or scratched with sharp objects.
* A 19-year-old woman living in the 100 block of Georges Creek reported at 9:35 a.m. July 26someone had stolen her purse containing her driver's license and two instrument pieces out of her vehicle overnight.
The total value of items taken was $330 according to reports.
* A 35-year-old Reynoldsburg woman was arrested at 3:29 p.m. July 26 in the 100 block of Postage Drive for shoplifting.
Reports said the woman left a business without paying for a pair of shoes and earrings.
* A 64-year-old Pickerington woman was arrested at 6:44 p.m. July 26 in the 800 block of Hill Road North for shoplifting.
Reports said she concealed in her purse items totaling $15.27.
* Representatives of a cement company based in Carroll reported at 8:11 a.m. July 29 someone had stolen from a job site in the 100 block of Balsam Drive 12 forms used for pouring concrete.
Reports said the forms are valued at $400 each.
* A 57-year-old resident of the 100 block of West Columbus Street told police at 10:17 a.m. July 30 someone has been using her ATM card to withdraw about $6,000 from her checking account. The thefts began in April according to reports.
* A 39-year-old Columbus man was arrested at 5:14 p.m. July 30 for attempting to cash a fraudulent check at a bank in the 1000 block of Hill Road North.
* A 40-year-old Columbus woman was cited at 5:41 p.m. July 30 for theft after leaving a store in the 100 block of Postage Drive without paying for $403.96 worth of merchandise.