Pickerington police officers are searching for suspects believed to have been involved in several vehicle break-ins on Autumn Ridge Circle Aug. 21.
According to police reports, officers were alerted at 3:11 a.m. when a resident called to reports of a suspicious vehicle in his neighborhood.
Reports said the man called police a second time, stating the vehicle had returned to the neighborhood and while the caller was still on the phone he told dispatchers two suspects were looking into cars with a flashlight and were breaking a window of a vehicle.
When officers arrived at the location they were unable to locate the vehicle of the suspects, according to reports.
Officers spoke with the caller and they were unable to locate the vehicle or the suspects.
The caller told police he told the suspects fled after he told them he had contacted police.
Reports said several residents reported items stolen from their vehicles.
Other recent Pickerington police reports included:
* Thieves broke into and stole coins from a coin machine at a business in the 900 block of Refugee Road.
Reports said an employee of another business had gone to the Refugee Road business to collect coins from the machine and he discovered the machine had been cut open and the coins stolen.
* A 40 year-old Pickerington man was arrested for theft at 8:38 p.m. Aug. 16 in the 1000 block of Hill Road North.
The was arrested after store employees reported he left the store without paying for items and attempted to flee before they were able to stop him.
* An employee at a business in the 1700 block of Hill Road reported at 10:02 p.m. Aug. 16 someone had stolen $200 from the business' safe
* A 41-year-old Pataskala woman was arrested and charged with theft after she was stopped by loss prevention personnel for leaving the store without paying for several outfits.
Reports said the items totaled $139.52.
The woman was processed on station and released with a mandatory court date in municipal court
* Officers destroyed an injured deer at 3:30 a.m. Aug. 19 at Hill Road and Pruden Drive.
* A resident of the 500 block of Longview Street reported at 10:47 p.m. Aug. 19 someone had ransacked three of his vehicles parked in his driveway.
Reports said the only thing believed stolen was a watch valued at $2,995.
* A resident of the 200 block of Olde Mound Lane reported at 9:54 a.m. someone had stolen a handgun from his residence sometime around July 1.
* Officers met at 8:05 a.m. Aug. 20 with a resident of the 900 block of Paisley Place who came to the police station to turn in a bone that he had found in his yard.
Reports said the man though the bone might be that of a human.
The bone was taken to be identified and later determined not to be a human bone. It was was placed into the property room.
* A resident of the 200 block of Autumn Ridge Circle reported at 8:10 a.m. Aug. 21 someone had entered his vehicle overnight and stolen his wallet.
The man told officers the vehicle might have been unlocked because that were no signs of forced entry on the vehicle.
He told police his credit card had been used to purchase $106 worth of merchandise at a at a store in Canal Winchester.