Pickerington police arrested a Columbus man and woman on theft charges after they left a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive without paying for merchandise worth $445.
Reports said the 29-year-old man and 28-year-old woman were arrested at 5:31 p.m. Sept. 1.
The pair was taken to the police station and later released with a mandatory court date in Municipal court.
According to reports, the woman was also charged with possession of drug abuse instruments after officers reported finding them in her purse.
In other recent Pickerington police reports:
* A 26-year-old Newark man reported Sept. 1 he had borrowed a friend's car and while it was parked in the lot of a business in the 1000 block of Hill Road his friend's wallet was stolen from the console of the vehicle.
Reports said there was no evidence of forced entry.
* A 54-year-old Columbus man was arrested at 7:20 p.m. Sept. 2 and charged with theft after leaving a business with $2.19 worth of alcohol without paying for it in the 800 block of Hill Road North.
Reports said he was later released with a mandatory court date in municipal court.
*A 43-year-old Columbus woman was arrested at 12:29 a.m. Sept. 3 and charged with theft after leaving a store in the 1000 block of Hill Road without paying for more than $320 worth of baby formula.
Reports said the woman was taken to the Fairfield County jail.
* Several residents on Warwick Lane and Montmorency Drive reported at 6:19 a.m. Sept. 3 items were stolen from their vehicles overnight.
Items included global positioning systems, car stereos, cash and cash.
Two of the vehicles had broken windows and the rest were found to have been unlocked, according to reports.
* A resident of the 100 block of Leasure Drive reported at 7:38 a.m. Sept. 3 someone had stolen her purse from inside her unlocked vehicle.
Reports said the purse was located a few houses down, but there were several items missing from it.
Another wallet, belonging to another neighbor, was found with the first woman's purse.
* A 78-year-old Lancaster woman reported at 2:19 p.m. Sept. 4 her purse was taken while she was at a restaurant in the 1800 block of Winderly Lane.
The woman told police she had set her purse down and left the store and when she returned an hour later it was gone.
* A 19-year-old Westerville woman and a 24-year-old Columbus man were arrested at 9:13 p.m. Sept. 4 and cited with theft after leaving a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive with unpaid merchandise
Reports said the pair were given a court date in Fairfield County Municipal Court.
* A 21-year-old Canal Winchester man was arrested at 7:24 p.m. Sept. 6 after leaving a business in the 1000 block of Hill Road without paying for merchandise.
The man was issued a citation and later released with a court date in Fairfield County Municipal Court, according to reports.
* A resident of the 300 block of Linden Circle reported at 7:39 a.m. Sept. 7 his vehicle had been stolen.
The man told police he believed he left the vehicle unlocked with the keys in it.
* An 18-year-old Pickerington man was arrested for theft at 11:48 a.m. Sept. 7 after officers were called to Washington Street on a report of a possible theft of gasoline cans.
Reports said a witness saw the man walking through yards and then emerging carrying two gas cans.
When officers spoke with the suspect he admitted to taking the gas cans, putting the gas into his car and then dumping the gas cans in Portman Park.
Reports said he was issued a citation for theft and released on his own recognizance.