A motorist who drove around safety cones blocking a newly paved blacktop drive and lot caused an estimated $1,500 to $2,000 damage to the surface according to Pickerington police reports.
Representatives from a church in the 8000 block of refugee Road reported the incident to police at 3:46 p.m. Oct. 22.
Reports said employees of the company that performed the paving saw the vehicle drive around the cones onto the new pavement and confronted the driver.
They told officers the motorist then drove away.
Reports said police are investigating the incident.
In other recent Pickerington police reports:
* A 38-year-old Canal Winchester woman was arrested at 6:42 p.m. Oct. 22 and charged with theft after being stopped by loss prevention personnel at a store in the 100 block of Postage Drive.
Reports said the woman walked out of the business without paying for several pieces of merchandise, totaling $139.98.
She was later released with a mandatory court date in municipal court.
* A 46-year-old Pickerington man was arrested for domestic violence at 1:37 a.m. Oct. 23 in the 200 block of Marie Avenue.
Reports said the man was taken to the Fairfield County jail.
* A 25-year-old Pickerington man was arrested at 12:45 p.m. Oct. 25 and charged with criminal damaging and disorderly conduct after damaging several items in his mother's home in the 500 block of Herrogate Square and resisting officers when placed under arrest.
Reports said the man was taken to the Fairfield county jail
* A member of the management team for the Pickerington Youth Athletics Association reported at 1:29 p.m. Oct. 25 a soft drink machine had been damaged and money stolen from it at the organization's complex in the 600 block of Hill Road North.
The PYAA official told police they believe it occurred sometime between the evening of Oct. 22 and the morning of Oct. 24 when it was discovered.
* Officers responded at 1:43 p.m. Oct. 25 to a report of a theft from a vehicle in the 100 block of Ulrich Drive.
A resident reported his unlocked vehicle was entered and rummaged through and $4 in cash and an extra set of keys were stolen.
* A resident of the 200 block of Lillian Drive reported at 2:18 p.m. Oct. 25 his Citi-Bank Visa card was apparently stolen.
The man told police he discovered the theft after receiving a bill for more than $3,000 in charges.
He told police he believes the card was mailed to a previous address in Columbus and that is how someone got a hold of the card.
* A 44-year-old Pickerington woman was arrested at 6:48 p.m. Oct. 25 and charged with theft after concealing $48 worth of items and not paying for them prior to leaving a store in the 1000 block of Hill Road North.
Reports said she was later released with a mandatory court date in mayor's court.
* A 42-year-old Pickerington man was arrested at 10:30 a.m. Oct. 26 in the first block of Knightsbridge Drive West and charged with domestic violence after his wife contacted police when an argument turned physical.
Reports said the man taken to the Fairfield County jail.