It was truly a family affair at the Jan. 7 meeting of Pickerington City Council.
Council's newest member, Brandon Ogden, who ran unopposed for a seat in November, was sworn-in by Pickerington Mayor Lee Gray.
Ogden's wife and two young children were on hand to witness it.
Also sworn-in were Tony Barletta and Jeff Fix with their respective families looking on. Fix and Barletta, along with Cristie Hammond, each retained their council seats by running unopposed in last November's election.
With two new council members on board in Ogden and the recently appointed Jerry Dailey, and the three incumbents who were re-elected in November, Pickerington City Council embarks on a new course which means new appointments to its various committees as well as a reshuffling of duties and responsibilities.
After convening in a brief meeting behind closed doors, Pickerington City Council voted unanimously to choose Chris Schweitzer as council president and Cristie Hammond as vice president.
Council also voted unanimously to make reorganizational appointments to city committees.
• Safety Committee -- Hammond, chairman; Mike Sabatino, vice chairman; Fix, secretary; Ogden, member.
• Service Committee -- Sabatino, chairman; Barletta, vice chairman; Dailey, secretary; Fix, member.
• Rules Committee -- Barletta, chairman; Hammond, vice chairman; Sabatino, secretary; Fix, member.
• Finance Committee -- Schweitzer, chairman; Sabatino, vice chairman; Hammond, secretary;
and Barletta, Dailey, Fix, and Ogden as members.
The following board representatives were also appointed to new terms:
• Parks and Recreation Board -- Ogden.
• Nuisance Abatement Board -- Sabatino.
• Pickerington TV representative -- Schweitzer.
• Planning and Zoning representative -- Barletta.
• Violet Festival Board -- Ogden.
In addition, Pickerington City Council unanimously voted to approve setting meeting dates.
City Council meetings will remain on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m.
However, the Rules Committee and Service Committee will now meet the Wednesday after the first council meeting at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m., respectively.
The Finance Committee and Safety Committee meetings were also changed. Both committees will now meet the Wednesday after the second council meeting at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m., respectively.