Pickerington will be flushing fire hydrants as part of the city's routine distribution system maintenance program.
Water customers should not do laundry when the hydrants are scheduled to be flushed in their area to avoid possible rust stains on clothing.
Although there might be rust in the water temporarily, it will be safe to drink, city officials said.
Hydrants will be flushed between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The tentative maintenance/flushing schedule is:
* April 14-18 -- Water Plant Diley Road; Busey Road; Fox Glen East & West; Reserve at Pickerington Pond; Preston Trails; Manchester; Sheffield; Long Road West; Longview Acres; Homestead Condos; The Landings; Georges Creek; Monebreak Drive.
* April 21-25 -- West Columbus Street to Hill Rd South; Sycamore Creek; Stonebridge; Meadowbrook; Manor House; Marie Ave; Willow Pond; Pine Ridge; Sycamore Creek Condos.
* April 28 to May 2 -- Long Rd West to Diley Rd; Colony Park; Violet Springs; Hill Road North to Courtright Drive; Lakes Edge; Pickerington Run; Cherry Hill; Hill Road North to Pizza Cottage; Jericho Road; Bercley Cottages; Courtright East.
* May 5-9 -- Old Diley Road; Kroger; Windmiller; Refugee Road to the Pickerington Police Department station; Pickerington Ridge Apartments; Pickerington Pointe; Fairfield Square; Manors at Cross Creek; Hill Road North to Cross Creeks Ridge; Waterstone Landings; Overlook Condos.
* May 12-16 -- Melrose; Inverness Glen; Mingo; Refugee east to Hill Road; Pickerington Meadows; Cardinal Apartments; Center Street; Villas of Milnor Cross; Town Square Villas; Columbia Place; Milnor Place; Homestead Drive; Olde Pickerington Village.
* May 19-23 -- RaMar Estates; Pickerington Hills; Fanchers Street; Raine Street; East Columbus Street; Root Addition; Shadow Oak; Simsbury; Shawnee Crossing; Opportunity Way; and Lockville Road.
Additional information can be obtained by calling 614-833-2292.