The Pickerington Local School District's two high schools recently named their top 10 academic performers ahead of their respective, upcoming graduation ceremonies.
Seniors in the Pickerington High School Central and Pickerington High School North classes of 2014 no doubt are counting down the days until they officially graduate May 31.
Those ceremonies each will be held at World Harvest Church, 4595 Gender Road, Canal Winchester.
North's graduation is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. Central's is slated to follow at 1 p.m.
In addition to each would-be graduate donning their caps and gowns and being recognized for the work that will culminate with them receiving their diplomas, each school will once again honor their "Decem Decori," or "Top 10" students from their graduating classes.
Although the Pickerington Local School District does not publicize individual academic records, the Decem Decori designation is given to the 10 students at each high school who have the highest grade-point averages.
This year's Decem Decori students at North are:
• Nicholas Haghiri, son of Marsha Russell and Steven Haghiri, who will attend Ohio State University and study electrical engineering.
• Andrew Jeffers, son of Amy Boesch and Jason Jeffers, who will study biomedical engineering at OSU.
• Joshua Latimer, son of Susan and Jim Latimer, who will enroll at OSU and study aerospace engineering.
• Emily Lisa, daughter of Mindy and Donald Lisa, who will attend Rice University and study mechanical engineering and statistics.
• Liam Niemeyer, son of Vicki Jarrell and Barry Niemeyer, who will attend Ohio University where he will major in journalism and minor in music.
• Alexander Sherry, son of Melinda and Paul Sherry, who will enroll at the University of Cincinnati and study mathematics and statistics.
• Brandon Terepka-Applebaum, son of Eileen Sanders and Brent Applebaum, who will attend Bocconi University and study finance and economics.
• Jonathan Wang, son of Grace Chang and Kevin Wang, who will major in accounting and minor in Chinese at OSU.
• Clay White, son of Staci and Chris White, who will study biomedical engineering at OSU
• Leah Whitehead, daughter of Pamela and Wayne Whitehead, who will study rehabilitation health science at Shawnee State University.
Central's Decem Decori students are:
• Stephanie Gase, daughter of Jan and Tim Gase, who will study chemical engineering at OSU.
• Seetha Kolli, daughter of Susmitha and Srinivas Kolli, who will attend Cornell University and study mechanical engineering.
• Garrett Lennington, son of Debbie and Keith Lennington, who will study film and video at Columbia College Chicago.
• Kaitlin Nieman, daughter of Debora and Henry Nieman, who will attend the University of South Carolina and study business economics.
• Caroline Oehlman, daughter of Christine and Todd Oehlman, who will be a pre-pharmacy major at the University of Toledo.
• Nithya Raya, daughter of Sabitha and Neel Raya, who will attend OSU and study biochemistry (pre-medicine).
• Maaz Shafi, son of Naseem Unnisa and Shafi Bahauddin, who will attend OSU and study biology.
• Aisha Sharif, daughter of Faith and Mahbubur Sharif, who will attend Stanford University and study either international relations or political science.
• Andy Taylor, son of Jill Schellhase and Doug Taylor, who will study physics at OSU.
• Elizabeth Weed, daughter of Molly and Chuck Weed, who will study engineering at OSU.