Pickerington police received numerous reports recently of thefts from businesses as well as the thefts of purses.
• A 28 year-old Columbus man was issued a citation for theft and a 32-year-old Columbus woman was issued a citation for possession of drug abuse instruments at 3:30 p.m. May 9 at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive.
Reports said the man was cited for theft after concealing merchandise and passing all points of sale without offering payment at the business.
Both were given mandatory court dates to appear in Fairfield County Municipal Court.
• Two Newark men were arrested for theft from a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive at 6:49 p.m. May 9.
The men were issued citations for theft after concealing merchandise and passing all points of sale without offering payment at a local business.
• A Pataskala woman went to the police station at 8: 25 p.m. May 9 to report the theft of her purse while she was at a business in the 800 block of Windmiller Drive.
• A woman reported the theft of her wallet at 11 a.m. May 10 while she was at a local business.
Reports said no charges had been made using credit cards that were in her wallet when it was stolen.
• A business in the 1000 block of Hill Road reported receiving a counterfeit $50 bill at 2:52 P.M. May 13.
• A resident of the 100 block of Monebrake Drive reported at 4:34 p.m. May 13 his wallet was stolen from his vehicle overnight.
The man told police his credit cards had been used and there were fraudulent charges.
• A 46-year-old Blacklick Woman was issued a "no trespass" order at 6:48 p.m. May 13 at a business in the 1100 block of Hill Road.
Reports said the woman was issued the order because she failed on several occasions to follow the businesses footwear policy.
• A 40-year-old Reynoldsburg woman reported at 6:50 p.m May 13 her vehicle was broken into and her purse stolen in the 100 block of Lockville Road.
• A 22-year-old Pickerington man was arrested for criminal damaging and domestic violence at 10:26 p.m. May 7 in the 600 block of West Columbus Street after an altercation with his father.
He was taken to the Fairfield County Jail according to reports.
• A woman who lives in the 400 block of Shagbark Court went to the Pickerington police station at 11:31 a.m. May 7 to report to report unauthorized charges on her bank account.
She reported approximately $975 was taken from her account with the charges originating from London, Calif.