Pickerington police are investigating an incident in which a 28-year-old Pickerington man attempted to pay for merchandise with a fake check at 12:32 p.m. July 10 in the 1000 block of Hill Road North.
Reports said information about the incident has been forwarded to the Fairfield County Prosecutor's Office for review of forgery charges.
In other recent Pickerington police incident reports:
* A resident of the 300 block of Treemoss Circle reported at 5:30 p.m. July 9 the tires on his vehicle had been punctured.
* A Pickerington woman went to the police station at 11:07 a.m. July 10 to report the theft of a bicycle from the 100 block of Pickerington Ridge Drive.
Reports said there are no witnesses and no suspects have been identified, but a report was taken for documentation purposes.
* A 59-year-old resident of the 100 block of Olde Mound Lane reported at 3:01 p.m. July 10 reported her debit card had been used to make fraudulent charges.
The woman said she spoke with officials at her bank and had her card canceled.
* Several vehicles parked at a business in the 1800 block of Winderly Lane were broken into and miscellaneous items reported stolen.
The incidents were reported at 6:58 a.m. July13.
* A resident of the 1700 block of Hill Road North reported at 12:01 p.m. July 14 her soon-to-be ex-husband forged her signature and cashed a check on a closed account.
Reports said an investigator with Chase bank has taken over the investigation.
* A fence was reportedly damaged with paint in the 400 block of Courtland Lane.
The incident was reported at 4:30 p.m. July 14.
* Three people -- a 65-year-old Columbus woman and a 58-year-old man and a 45-year-old woman, both Canal Winchester residents -- were arrested for theft at 7:36 p.m. July 14 at a business in the 1000 block of Hill Road North.
Reports said the trio were given a mandatory court dates with Pickerington Mayor's Court.