Reynoldsburg police reports
Reynoldsburg police reported a juvenile attempted to leave a business in the 1200 block of Brice Road without paying for four items of makeup.
* Reynoldsburg police reported a juvenile attempted to leave a business in the 1200 block of Brice Road without paying for four items of makeup. A loss prevention officer told police he saw the juvenile put the items, valued at about $23, into her pants pocket. She was later released to the custody of her mother.
* An employee at a business in the 7300 block of French Drive reported the sidewalk in front of the business was sprayed with paint and a green spraypaint can was found on the sidewalk by the front door.
* A resident of the 1300 block of North Jackson Avenue told police two bicycles were stolen from the rear patio area of his townhouse between 8 p.m. Aug. 12 and 2 a.m. Aug. 13. A black and red BMX-style bicycle with a flat front tire was left at the home, reports stated.
* A resident of the 600 block of Bainbrook Court reported his blue and red BMX bike was stolen from the front porch of his home between 12:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. Aug. 13. A white BMX-style bike was left behind, police said.
* Police cited a juvenile for drug abuse after police received a report of several juveniles running in the 8200 block of Taylor Road near Priestley Drive around 12:20 a.m. Police found five juveniles in a vehicle improperly parked on Priestley. The officer reported smelling a strong odor of burned marijuana emanating from inside the vehicle. Suspected marijuana seeds and stems were found during a search of the vehicle and the glove box contained numerous flakes of suspected marijuana, police reports said.
* A resident of the 6900 block of Runik Place North told police $120 in cash from was stolen from his home between 2:30 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. He said he returned home to find mail that had been on the coffee table in the living room thrown about the floor and a back sliding glass door open. The cash was taken from the kitchen counter.
* Two men, one armed with a gun, robbed a business in the 6700 block of East Main Street about 11:34 p.m. An employee told police two men ran into the store through the front door, then entered a doorway near the cash register area. One approached an employee and pointed a gun at him while the other man circled around behind. The man with the gun ordered the employee to the ground and when he didn't comply immediately, struck the employee on the left ear with the weapon, causing a minor laceration, police reports said.
* A resident of the 8500 block of East Main Street reported at 3:59 p.m. that his front door had been pried open and a laptop computer valued at $700 was missing. Several pry marks from an unknown tool were seen on the front door, near the door latch, reports said.
* A man told police someone entered his vehicle while it was parked at a business in the 2300 block of Taylor Square Drive between 6:20 p.m. and 6:57 p.m. The driver's side rear window was broken out and glass was scattered about the pavement and interior of the back seat. A backpack from rear seat and suitcase from the front seat were stolen. Several items were taken, including medication, an iPod, a laptop and a Nikon camera. The total value of lost property was estimated at $10,960.
* A resident of the 200 block of Connell Court reported someone entered his vehicle overnight and stole items, including $40 in change and compact discs.
* A resident of the 6400 block of Timbermill Way told police a GPS unit was stolen from his vehicle between 11 p.m. Aug. 15 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 16.
* A resident of the 6400 block of Silverleaf Avenue reported numerous tools were discovered stolen from his van at 8 a.m. He said the van was unlocked when he discovered the theft, but he thought he locked it about 9:15 p.m. the previous day. There were no signs of damage to indicate a forced entry, reports stated. The missing tools include drills, saws, staple guns, nail guns and an air compressor.
* A resident of the 6400 block of Silverleaf Avenue told police the driver's side rear window of her vehicle was broken between 8 p.m. Aug. 15 and 6:15 a.m. Aug. 16. A purse, containing various credit cards and bank cards, was missing from the back seat.
* Two men left a business in the 2100 block of Brice Road without paying a $20 bill at 7:45 p.m.
* A resident reported someone broke into her vehicle and stole her purse while she was at Blacklick Golf Course, 7309 E. Livingston Ave. The woman said she had secured the vehicle and shoved the purse under the front seat. When she returned, she found the passenger side window broken and the purse, containing various cards and a key to a second vehicle, missing. Damage was estimated at $500, reports stated.
* A resident of the 200 block of Lunn Court reported the passenger side lock of her vehicle was "punched" and the stereo system removed between 9 p.m. Aug. 16 and 8 a.m. Aug. 18.
* A resident of the 900 block of Ruskin Drive told police someone broke the driver's side rear window of her vehicle and took a laptop computer bag from inside. The bag, valued at $40, contained pens and papers. Also missing was a pair of shoes valued at $60, reports stated.