Reynoldsburg police reports
Reynoldsburg police are investigating an attempted armed robbery at 10:30 p.m. Sept. 10 at Ameristop, 495 Lancaster Ave. According to police reports, an employee said three men and a woman armed with a gun entered the store and threatened the manager, so he pulled out a gun and fired at the robbers, who fled the scene.
Police said on Monday, Sept. 17, that the investigation is continuing and that "other cities are involved in the investigation also and it might impede the investigation if anything is released at this time."
The store manager said Sept. 17 that he would not comment on the incident because it was still under investigation.
* A woman reported at 6:16 p.m. Sept. 14 that a diamond solitaire engagement set and other jewelry worth $2,300 were stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at her residence in the 6600 block of Retton Road, Reynoldsburg police reports said. She told police her husband had noticed the trunk of the vehicle open at 7 a.m., so he shut it. She said the jewelry had been in the door handle pocket of the car and the car had been unlocked throughout the night, reports said.
* An employee reported at 9:56 a.m. Sept. 11 that a suspicious couple entered a business in the 2300 block of Taylor Park Drive, stole an iPhone 4S and left another iPhone in its place. The manager said the security alarm went off and reset, so the suspects may have severed the security cord, took the phone and replaced it with the other phone quickly, before she arrived to reset the alarm, according to the report. She said her suspicions were confirmed after she reviewed surveillance footage.
* An asset protection officer reported a man stole a digital camera valued at $39 by concealing it in his boot at 4:51 p.m. Sept. 12 at a business in the 2700 block of Taylor Road. Police transported the man to Fairfield County jail.
* Police reported a shoplifter attempted to steal a cell phone valued at $160 Sept. 12 from a business in the 1200 block of Brice Road. The loss protection officer said the man used a razor blade to cut open the cell phone package, then concealed the phone on his person and left the store. He was stopped by the officer and returned to the store, reports said.
* A resident reported to police at 8:51 a.m. Sept. 13 that someone broke into his house in the 2000 block of Commons Road North through a patio door. A laptop computer, gym shoes and headphones were reported stolen.
* A woman reported at 8:13 p.m. Sept. 13 that someone had obtained her debit card number and used it to make $528 worth of unauthorized transactions at her bank.