Handcuffs alone weren't enough to restrain a man suspected of shoplifting at a business in the 2400 block of Brice Road Nov. 13.
Officers who were called to the scene found two security employees sitting on a handcuffed man in order to restrain him. They told police they tried to stop the man when he left the store with items concealed in his jacket, but he began wrestling and fighting with them.
The two employees suffered lacerations in the struggle, according to Reynoldsburg police.
In other police reports:
* A woman found a 2-year-old boy wandering in a courtyard area near her residence in the 6800 block of Greenleaf Drive Nov. 14. She brought the child to the police station and told police she had knocked at a door to an apartment that was wide open, but no one answered. Officers went to the address and found a 15-year-old boy asleep there, who was supposed to be watching the child. Police said the boy's mother would be charged with child endangering.
* Police responded to a "shots fired" call Nov. 11 in the 1800 block of Steckel Road. The shots may have been fired from a car traveling northbound on Steckel that had left the area, officers said. The incident is still under investigation.
* A man reported the rear window of his 2002 Saturn was smashed with a pumpkin between midnight and 5 a.m. Nov. 11 while the vehicle was parked in the 8400 block of Kingsley Drive. Police said nothing was taken from the car and it appeared that someone drove by and threw the pumpkin from a moving vehicle.
* A manager at a business in the 6800 block of East Main Street reported someone tried to cash a fraudulent payroll check in the amount of $483.77 at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 14. The forgery incident is under investigation, police said.
* Security personnel chased two alleged shoplifters from a business in the 2900 block of Taylor Road Nov. 14. The man and woman were apprehended at 2:30 p.m. Police said the two concealed perfume and a leather coat under their coats. The woman had a black bag containing a screwdriver and tools that police speculated had been used to remove security sensors from the merchandise.
* Police said three juveniles will be charged with theft through Franklin County Juvenile Court after being apprehended for shoplifting at 10:07 p.m. Nov. 9 at a business in the 6900 block of East Main Street. The report stated all three young girls concealed cosmetics in their sleeves, coat or undergarments.
* Police said someone broke the rear passenger window of a gray Buick Regal Nov. 9 while it was parked at a business in the 2400 block of Taylor Square Drive.