In one of our rooms, there is a table where our members put together jigsaw puzzles.
Occasionally, a puzzle will sadly have a missing piece. This is how some of our members have been feeling -- we are missing a piece.
In early April, Jenny Walsh retired. Jenny had served as the director at SCOR for 25 of her 26 years here. She participated in the early development of our center and many of our activities began under her direction.
Jenny befriended everyone who walked through the doors. She always greeted everyone with her positive, upbeat attitude.
Jenny loved traveling and sharing local to international places of interest with our members.
Jenny's favorite word is "joy." That is what she gave to us each and every day.
Jenny will be missed. We wish her health, happiness and most of all, joy, as she begins a new chapter of her life.
Here are some of the upcoming events at the Senior Center:
• Thursday, May 8: Steven Roush, elder law attorney, will conduct a lunch-and-learn at 11 a.m. The topic is "Estate Planning and Long Term Care." Call the office to reserve your spot.
• Friday, May 9: Robert Miller with Echo Hearing will test hearing and/or hearing aids. You must call to schedule your 30-minute appointment.
• Friday, May 16: Jim Hardgrove will present "The Importance of Organizing Documents, Assets and Other Information" at 9 a.m.
• Tuesday, May 20: Vickie Harvey with Security One Lending will present "HECM for Purchase Program" at 2 p.m. If you are interested in downsizing, you should attend this meeting. Sign up in the office if you would like to attend.
• Wednesday, May 28, is National Senior Health Day. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., there will be more than 30 vendors with information, demonstrations and free stuff.
A variety of exercise classes are scheduled at the top of each hour, including Silver Sneakers, Tai Chi, Arthritis Foundation, Respiratory Association and senior yoga.
Other activities include balance testing, hearing and vision screening and body mass index testing. In addition, vaccines for shingles, whooping cough and pneumonia will be available, with advance scheduling.
For more information or to schedule any of the above tests, call 614-866-5890.
Hope to see you there!
Debbie Mullarkey is a Reynoldsburg resident, a retired teacher and a longtime member of the Senior Citizens of Reynoldsburg.