Coffman, North remain atop shaken up poll
At first glance, there doesn’t seem to be much change in the Super 7 poll as Dublin Coffman and Pickerington North remain in the top two spots, although the Panthers did gain a first-place vote after dismantling Pickerington Central 37-0.
The rest of the poll, however, has undergone quite a change.
Hilliard Darby and Hartley each moved up a spot to No. 4 and No. 5, respectively.
Making the biggest move was Olentangy, which improved to 6-0 after a 55-7 victory over Franklin Heights. The Braves entered the poll at No. 3, replacing Westerville South, which fell to Dublin Scioto 42-35. In turn, the Irish moved to 5-1 and joined the poll at No. 6.
Westerville Central became the third OCC-Cardinal team in the poll at No. 7.
Below is the poll as selected by ThisWeekSPORTS.com writers. A unanimous selection is 77 points.
1. DUBLIN COFFMAN (6-0), 73 points, seven first-place votes: Last game: Def. Thomas Worthington 56-14. Next game: Oct. 5 at Central Crossing. Last week: No. 1
2. PICKERINGTON NORTH (6-0), 70 points, four first-place votes: Last game: Pickerington Central 37-0. Next game: Oct. 5 vs. Reynoldsburg. Last week: No. 2
3. OLENTANGY (6-0), 46 points. Last game: Def. Franklin Heights 55-7. Next game: Oct. 4 at New Albany. Last week: Not ranked
4. HILLIARD DARBY (6-0), 44 points. Last game: Def. Worthington Kilbourne 34-27. Next game: Oct. 5 at Westerville South. Last week: No. 5
5. HARTLEY (6-0), 31 points. Last game: Def. Watterson 28-14. Next game: Oct. 5 vs. Fort Wayne (Ind.) Bishop Luers. Last week: No. 6
6. DUBLIN SCIOTO (5-1), 29 points: Last game: Def. Westerville South 42-35. Next game: Oct. 5 at Dublin Jerome. Last week: Not ranked
7. WESTERVILLE CENTRAL (5-1), 9 points. Last game: Def. Hilliard Bradley 33-10. Next game: Oct. 5 at Westerville North. Last week: Not ranked
Also receiving votes: Westerville South
Dropped out: No. 3 Westerville South, No. 4 Pickerington Central, No. 7 Gahanna