As expected, there was a shakeup in the Super 7 poll, and in the process, we’ve also seemed to have been a shaking out.
New Albany moved up two spots and replaced Westerville Central at No. 2 after beating the Warhawks 57-50. Pickerington North had the biggest move of the week, going from No. 7 to No. 3 after trouncing Cincinnati Princeton 47-22. Olentangy outlasted Olentangy Liberty 26-23 in double overtime to move into the poll to No. 6.
The one constant, however, is Hilliard Davidson. The Wildcats defeated Hilliard Darby 21-0 and garnered all the first-place votes.
Below is the poll as selected by ThisWeekSPORTS.com writers.
A unanimous selection is 77 points:
1. HILLIARD DAVIDSON (2-0), 77 points, 11 first-place votes. Last game: Defeated Hilliard Darby 21-0. Next game: Sept. 13 at Beavercreek. Last week: No. 1
2. NEW ALBANY (2-0), 64 points. Last week: Def. Westerville Central 57-50. Next game Sept. 13 vs. DeSales. Last week: No. 4
3. PICKERINGTON NORTH (2-0), 54 points. Last week: Def. Cincinnati Princeton 47-22 Next game: Sept. 13 at Freemont Ross. Last week: No. 7
4. MARION-FRANKLIN (2-0), 43 points. Last game: Def. Brookhaven 27-2. Next game: Sept. 13 at Hartley. Last week: No. 5
5. WESTERVILLE CENTRAL (1-1), 27 points, one first-place vote. Last week: Lost to New Albany 57-50. Next game: Sept. 13 at Independence. Last week: No. 2
6. OLENTANGY (2-0), 24 points. Last week: Def. Olentangy Liberty 26-23 (2 OTs). Next game: Sept. 13 at Lexington. Last week: Not ranked
7. PICKERINGTON CENTRAL (0-1), 11 points. Last game: Bye. Next game: Friday vs. Middletown. Last week: No. 6
Also receiving votes: Dublin Scioto (8)
Dropped out: No. 3 Westerville South