Battle of Pickerington moves North to No. 2
Even with six of the seven teams in the Super 7 poll winning, there still was some movement after the sixth week of play.
No, not at the top where Hilliard Davidson is firmly situated.
Pickerington North moved up to No. 2 after defeating No. 6 Pickerington Central 49-14, sending New Albany down a spot to No. 3.
Westerville Central and Olentangy also flipped spots for the second week with the Warhawks moving to No. 4 and the Braves slipping to No. 5.
Rejoining the poll after a week away is Marysville, which defeated Olentangy Liberty 31-21 to take over the seventh spot.
Below is the poll as selected by ThisWeekSPORTS.com writers.
A unanimous selection is 77 points.
1. HILLIARD DAVIDSON (6-0), 77 points, 11 first-place votes. Last game: Defeated Westland 63-12. Next game: Oct. 11 vs. Upper Arlington. Last week: No. 1
2. PICKERINGTON NORTH (6-0), 62 points. Last week: Def. Pickerington Central 49-14. Next game: Oct. 11 at Reynoldsburg. Last week: No. 3
3. NEW ALBANY (6-0), 59 points. Last week: Def. Delaware 31-9. Next game: Oct. 11 at Olentangy. Last week: No. 2
4. WESTERVILLE CENTRAL (5-1), 41 points. Last week: Def. Hilliard Bradley 69-31. Next game: Oct. 11 vs. Westerville Central. Last week: No. 5
5. OLENTANGY (6-0), 36 points. Last week: Def. Franklin Heights 49-7. Next game: Oct. 11 vs. New Albany. Last week: No. 4
6. HARTLEY (5-1), 20 points. Last game: Def. Watterson 35-14. Def. Westland 69-6. Next game: Oct. 4 at Watterson. Last week: No. 7
7. MARYSVILLE (5-1), 12 points. Last game: Def. Olentangy Liberty 31-21. Next game: Oct. 11 at Thomas Worthington. Last week: No. 6
Also receiving votes: Licking Heights (1)
Dropped out: No. 6 Pickerington Central