The ninth week of the high school football season promises to have an impact on the Super 7 poll.
The top two teams probably are safe as No. 1 Hilliard Davidson plays 4-4 Thomas Worthington and No. 2 Pickerington Central battles 3-5 Gahanna. After that, however, things get interesting.
No. 3 New Albany plays host to poll newcomer No. 7 Worthington Kilbourne, who has won seven in a row since losing its opener, and No. 4 Westerville Central will be host to No. 5 Hilliard Darby.
Both of these games should determine league champions.
Also, No. 6 Hartley, which flipped spots with Darby, will play at 7-1 Cincinnati Withrow.
Below is the poll as selected by ThisWeekSPORTS.com writers.
A unanimous selection is 77 points.
1. HILLIARD DAVIDSON (8-0), 77 points, 11 first-place votes. Last game: Defeated Olentangy Liberty 28-7. Next game: Oct. 25 at Thomas Wortington. Last week: No. 1
2. PICKERINGTON NORTH (8-0), 64 points. Last week: Def. Groveport 35-7. Next game: Oct. 25 at Gahanna. Last week: No. 2
3. NEW ALBANY (8-0), 57 points. Last week: Def. Big Walnut 13-10. Next game: Oct. 25 vs. Worthington Kilbourne. Last week: No. 3
4. WESTERVILLE CENTRAL (7-1), 43 points. Last week: Def. Westerville South 54-35. Next game: Oct. 25 vs. Hilliard Darby. Last week: No. 4
5. HILLIARD DARBY (7-1), 26 points. Last week: Def. Dublin Scioto 28-17. Next game: Oct. 25 at Westerville Central. Last week: No. 6
6. HARTLEY (7-1), 23 points. Last game: Def. Ironton 54-0. Next game: Oct. 25 at Cincinnati Withrow. Last week: No. 5
7. WORTHINGTON KILBOURNE (7-1), 16 points. Last game: Def. Olentangy 33-0. Next game: Oct. 25 at New Albany. Last week: Not ranked
Also receiving votes: Ready (2)
Dropped out: No. 7 Marysville