2800 Tremont Road
• "The Baby Beat," a music and movement program for children age 0-24 months, will be held Thursdays through July 24 at 9:30 a.m. Registration is required.
• The Club 45 Parent-Child Book Discussion Group will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 26, to discuss "Cockroach Cooties" by Laurence Yep.
• "Summer Science with COSI" comes to the library at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 28. Steve White will share experiments in flying, floating and falling things. Free tickets are required and are available in the Youth Services department.
• "Celebrate Kids" at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 29, with familiar numbers from the Imaginating Dramatics theatre company. Those attending should bring chairs and/or blankets for this outdoor show.
• Children entering grades 1-3 can team up with a teen reading buddy to practice their reading skills at "Book Buddies" at 2 p.m. Mondays through July 21. Registration is required and is limited by the number of teen volunteers.
• Children in grades 5-12 can join the UAPLay Video Game Club, which meets Mondays through July 28 at 3:30 p.m. to play a variety of games on the library's big screen. Free tickets are required and are available at the Youth Services Desk.
• Children age 2-7 and their families are invited to a "Family Campfire" at 7 p.m. Mondays through July 21. Share stories and songs around the "faux fire."
• Children ages 18 months to 3 years are invited to "Wee Wednesday: Super Sensory Science" at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 2. Registration is required.
• Families are invited to "An Outdoor Concert with Mark Reinhart and Friends" at 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 2. The "Songs of America" program will cover more than 200 years of American musical history..
• Summer Storytimes run through July 25. "Babytime," ages 0-2, meets at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and Tuesdays. "Preschool Storytime" for ages 2-5 meets at 10:30 a.m. Fridays. "Family Campfire Storytime" for ages 2-7 and their families will be held Mondays at 7 p.m. No registration is required.
Lane Road Library
1945 Lane Road
• Books and Cooks returns at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 26. Children ages 3-4 will make graham cracker ant hills and hear stories about bugs. Registration is required.
• Summer Storytimes are under way. Registration is required. Toddler Storytime (ages 2-3 years) meets at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays except the first Tuesday of the month. Stories and Crafts for independent children age 3 and older meets at 1 p.m. Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 6.
Miller Park Library
1901 NW Arlington Ave.
• "Make Believe Monday" invites children ages 2-5 to a bug safari featuring stories, crafts and snacks at 10:30 a.m. Monday, June 30.
• Summer Storytimes run through Aug. 7. "Tiny Tots" (age 0-2) meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 a.m. "Stories and Songs" (ages 2-5) meets at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. No registration is required.