2800 Tremont Road
• Bradley Lepper, of the Ohio Historical Society, will present "The Serpent and the Alligator: Ohio's Ancient Effigy Mounds" at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 5. These gigantic earthen sculptures in the shapes of animals or people may have been symbols of Woodland Indian culture.
• The "UAPLay Video Game Club," for grades 3-5, meets at 3:30 p.m. each Monday through Nov. 17. Compete with other members at a variety of different games on the big screen. Free tickets are required and are available the day of the program.
• Kids in grades 3-5 are invited to "Dee's Drawing Lessons" at 3:45 p.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 19. This fun class is designed to give budding artists the understanding and skills needed to draw with confidence.
• English Conversation Class meets at 9:30 a.m. Mondays through Dec. 15. Adult ESOL students are invited to practice conversational English with an instructor.
• Family Storytime at the UAPL is held at 7 p.m. Mondays. Family Films follow at 7:30 p.m.
• The ESOL Book Club meets at 9:30 a.m. Thursdays through Dec. 18. Nancy Brown leads this group for non-native speakers of English. The group is reading and discussing "The Great Fire" by Jim Murphy.
Lane Road Library
1945 Lane Road
• Kids of all ages can make "Halloween Crafts" at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 30.
• The 'TLC: Teen Library Club" meets at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1. The club is for grades 6-12.
• "Let's Speak English" meets Mondays at 1 p.m. This series is an opportunity to study English in small groups with experienced ESOL tutors.
Miller Park Library
1901 NW Arlington Ave.
• Adults can make "Holiday Greetings," including cards and tags, at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, or 6:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 3. Registration is required and limited.
• Fall Storytime runs through Nov. 20. "Babytime" for ages 0-2 meets at 11 a.m. Tuesdays; "Tales for Twos and Threes" meets at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. No registration required.