Today, marketers are looking at every aspect of their budget. Entrepreneurs, small business owners and Web site designers are doing all they can to get noticed. Social Media Marketing is being explored and discussed everywhere as two-thirds of the world's Internet users now visit blogging sites and social networking sites on a regular basis.
We are pleased to share that visits to the Chamber web site are climbing. Our goal is to help the Chamber gain better visibility online which means membership gains more visibility.
The strategy to implement will involve "off-site" strategies to improve the site's popularity and visibility with search engines. In addition, this includes reaching out to the specific businesses in our geographic region.
Some of the action items we are focusing on include:
• Using social media marketing to improve the Chamber's viral reach in the local community.
• Starting a small Google and Yahoo PPC campaign that geo-targets small businesses
• Begin an aggressive link-building campaign to improve traffic and site popularity
• Submit UA Chamber to top 500 search directories
• Begin an article marketing campaign and submit to proper article and PR directories to build credibility, interest and buzz for the chamber
Your membership with the Chamber makes for a fantastic investment in your business.
The Power to Make a Difference!
Becky Hajost is the president of the Upper Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce.