14 apply for council seat
Upper Arlington residents will have a chance to see the 14 applicants for the city council seat formerly held by Wade Steen be interviewed before a successor is appointed.
Council members discussed the process for vetting the candidates at their conference session Nov. 7. Time was set aside at 4 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 29 and 30, to interview the applicants. While more specific details will be decided upon before those dates, council members indicated the interviews would be done in a public setting.
The applicants’ credentials and complete applications should also soon be available for viewing on the city’s website, www.uaoh.net.
The 14 applicants are:
• John C. Adams, vice president and manager for Ohio Public Finance with Fifth Third Securities, Inc. A 30-year resident, Adams earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Indianapolis, and an MBA and MA from OSU.
• Jennifer Basil, a former enforcement attorney with the Ohio Department of Commerce. An 11-year resident, Basil earned a bachelor’s degree from Miami University, and a juris doctorate from Capital University.
• Demetri Capetanopoulos, engineering project manager with the Battelle Memorial Institute. A 10-year resident, Capetanopoulos served 20 years in the U.S. Navy and holds a bachelor’s degree from OSU.
• Peter Cline, an administrator with the Ohio Department of Public Safety. A 15-year resident, Cline earned a bachelor’s degree from OSU.
• Eric Colombo, business development officer with The Arlington Bank. A 31-year resident, Colombo earned a bachelor’s degree from OSU.
• M. Catherine Hackett, chief financial officer with Hackett Wealth Management LLC. A 35-year resident, Hackett earned a bachelor’s degree from Capital University.
• Tricia Kershner, a teacher with Hilliard City Schools. A 31-year resident, Kershner earned a bachelor’s degree from Wittenberg University and a master’s degree from National University.
• Donald Bryce Kurfees, investment advisor with Kurfees Capital Management LLC, a 16-year Upper Arlington resident. Kurfees earned a bachelor’s degree from Southern Methodist University and an MBA from Ohio State.
• Ruth McNeil, community relations manager with the Upper Arlington Public Library. A two-year resident, McNeil earned a bachelor’s degree from Denison University and a CLA from Capital University Law School.
• Matthew Penrod, vice president investments – financial advisor with UBS Financial Services. A three-year UA resident, Penrod is a graduate of OSU.
• Douglas Riddell, attorney at Riddell Law LLC. A three-year city resident, Riddell earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Notre Dame and a juris doctorate from the University of Cincinnati.
• James Sisto, president and COO of Value Recovery Group, Inc. A 21-year UA resident, Sisto earned a bachelor’s degree from Ohio Wesleyan University, a juris doctorate from the Capital University Law School, and a Master of Laws degree from the Georgetown University Law Center.
• Diane Sturges, a librarian with the Grandview Heights Public Library. A 34-year UA resident, Sturges’ application did not include information on her educational background.
• Peggy Tidwell, a banker with CFBank. A nine-year resident, Tidwell earned a bachelor’s degree from OSU and an MBA from Texas A&M University.