Between 2:45 and 3 p.m. July 20, a handbag was reported stolen from a vehicle parked outside an office in the 2000 block of Riverside Drive.
* Between 2:45 and 3 p.m. July 20, a handbag was reported stolen from a vehicle parked outside an office in the 2000 block of Riverside Drive. Police reports said three people, described only as a black man, woman and male juvenile, entered the office and approached a woman and asked for applications. While she wrote down a phone number for them to call, the woman and juvenile who were with the man went outside. He grabbed keys off the desk and remarked how he had a similar vehicle. The victim told police she suspects he remotely unlocked her vehicle during this time.
* A shed in the 3000 block of Riverside Drive was broken into between July 14 and 17. Approximately $100 worth of damage occurred to the door and more than $900 worth of tools were stolen, police reports said.
* A wallet containing $20 cash and credit cards was reported stolen between 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. July 16 from a purse kept in an unlocked office in the 1800 block of Riverside Drive.
* At 11:50 p.m. July 22, a plastic bottle containing what appeared to be Drano and chunks of metal was tossed onto the front porch of a residence in the 3900 block of Criswell Drive and exploded. No damage was reported.
* Between Jan. 1 and July 16, more than $4,500 worth of jewelry and silverware was stolen from a residence in the 2600 block of Chartwell Road, according to police reports. There were no signs of forced entry.
* A number of compact discs and a pair of sunglasses were reported stolen from an unsecured vehicle in a driveway in the 2700 block of Woodstock Road between 8 p.m. July 20 and 3:30 p.m. July 21. A tackle box was also reported stolen from the trunk.
* A vacant residence in the 2700 block of Woodstock Road was broken into between June 30 and July 14. Damage was reported to a number of areas, including a kitchen window, drywall, vanity globes and cabinet doors.
* A resident of the 1700 block of Ashland Avenue reported an 18-inch charcoal grill and aluminum bucket were stolen between 1 and 5 p.m. on July 17. The charcoal ashes had been dumped nearby.