Man runs after failed attempt to enter Swansea Road residence
A woman told Upper Arlington police she witnessed an unknown white man open the rear screen door of her residence in the 2700 block of Swansea Road at approximately 4:55 a.m. Oct. 18. When he realized he had been observed, he ran east through backyards in the neighborhood. No entry was gained to the house, and the man was not found, police reported
In other recent Upper Arlington Police Division incident reports:
* A man was charged with OVI, no operator's license, driving under suspension, a marked lanes violation, no headlight and no seat belt following a stop at the intersection of Riverside Drive and Trabue Road.
* A person, gender not specified, was charged with OVI, OVI per se and failure to control following a crash at the intersection of Kenny and Kinnington roads.
* A man was charged with OVI, OVI refusal and failure to control following a crash in the 2900 block of Northwest Boulevard.
* A woman reported her yellow 1999 Ford Mustang was stolen from the 1600 block of Northwest Professional Plaza.
* A man was charged with OVI, OVI per se, no operator's license, driving under suspension and driving left of center following a stop on Fishinger Road. According to police, he had a 0.191 blood-alcohol level and has five prior OVI convictions within the last 20 years, making this OVI a felony.
* A man was charged with OVI, OVI per se and a marked lanes violation following a stop on Fishinger Road. He had a 0.151 blood-alcohol level, police said.
* A generator was reported stolen from the rear of a truck parked in the 1100 block of Highland Drive. Loss was listed as $1,100.
* A purse, a wallet, ear buds, computer hardware and clothing were reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 3800 block of West Henderson Road. Loss was listed as $228.
* A laptop computer, an iPad and sunglasses were reported stolen from a woman's vehicle parked in the 1900 block of Edgemont Road. Loss was listed as $2,400.
* A window was broken out of a vehicle in the 2600 block of Eastcleft Drive.
* A window was broken out of a vehicle in the 3100 block of Glenrich Parkway.
* A resident in the 2900 block of Zollinger Road reported the unauthorized use of a credit card. Loss was listed as $300.
* A boy was arrested on two warrants after a family member in the 2700 block of Charing Road reported he had skipped school and was sleeping on her couch.
* Ten wood pallets valued at a total of $200 were reported stolen from the rear of a grocery in the 1600 block of West Lane Avenue.
* A girl's bicycle was reported stolen from an area near the baseball field at Upper Arlington High School. Loss was listed as $300.
* A woman was arrested on a Franklin County warrant for speeding following a stop for an undisclosed traffic violation in the 1300 block of Kinnear Road.