Failing to fix a flat tire ended up costing a driver more than he may have anticipated last week.
Upper Arlington police stopped the man in the 2200 block of Riverside Drive Nov. 10 because he was driving a vehicle with a flat tire. He was then charged with OVI, no seat belt, operating an unsafe vehicle and making an illegal turn.
In other police news:
* A man was charged with domestic violence and taken to Franklin County jail after an incident at a residence in the 1600 block of Andover Road. No other details were provided.
* A patient at a doctor's office in the 1600 block of Northwest Professional Plaza reported the theft of her cell phone. Loss was listed at $400.
* A suspect, no gender provided, was taken to the Franklin County jail after being arrested at a residence in the 4100 block of Gavin Lane on a warrant for trafficking drugs.
* A 12-gauge shotgun was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 2700 block of Chester Road. Loss was listed at $1,200.
* A man was charged with driving under suspension and no operator's license following a stop at the intersection of McCoy and Reed roads. He also was arrested on warrants from Columbus for domestic violence and aggravated menacing.
* An iPad was reported stolen from a residence in the 2100 block of Fairfax Road. Loss was listed at $672.51.