Leaving their vehicles unlocked proved expensive last week for six Upper Arlington residents who lost cash, equipment and, in one case, discovered the car had been stolen.
The stolen car, a 2011 Acura, was taken from a driveway in the 2500 block of Brandon Road between 5:30 p.m. Nov. 16 and 7:45 a.m. Nov. 17. According to Upper Arlington police, not only was the vehicle left unlocked, but the keys had been left in the center console.
Five other incidents all occurred on Nov. 17: A cellular telephone, an iPod and $20 were reported stolen from a woman's unlocked vehicle in the 2500 block of Welsford Road. Another woman reported a global-positioning system device was stolen from her unlocked vehicle in the 2800 block of Mt. Holyoke Road.
Prescription sunglasses and $20 were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 2500 block of Brandon Road. Total loss was listed as $420. A man reported $50 and clothing were taken from his unlocked vehicle in the 2900 block of Mt. Holyoke Road. Total loss was listed as $100.
And finally, approximately $2 in change was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 2900 block of Mt. Holyoke Road.
In other police reports:
* A woman reported someone damaged the driver's side door lock of her vehicle in an apparent attempt to gain entry to it while it was parked in the 2900 block of Brandon Road.
* A Columbus man was arrested on a warrant from Delaware County for failure to appear after he was observed walking along McCoy Road.
* A vehicle stereo amplifier was reported damaged after someone gained entry to a vehicle in the 2900 block of Brandon Road. Another man in the area reported someone gained entry to his vehicle and stole $5.
* Approximately $2 in change was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2500 block of Westmont Boulevard.
* A man reported he was bitten on his upper left leg by a 3-year-old Labradoodle while making a delivery in the 1900 block of Cambridge Boulevard.
* A woman was charged with OVI, failure to maintain assured clear distance, no seat belt and failure to control following a crash at the intersection of Kenny and Tremont roads.
* A cell phone valued at $300 was reported stolen from a girl's book bag in the staging area of an orchestra concert held at Upper Arlington High School.
* A man reported he gave an unknown man $20 after he was approached in the parking lot of a country club in the 2100 block of Riverside Drive. The second man said he needed $9 to get a new fan belt for his vehicle and said he would return to the country club to pay back the money that day, but never did.