Upper Arlington police
Year begins with two theft investigations
Upper Arlington police started the new year investigating two thefts, both reported on Jan. 4.
In one, golf clubs, a golf bag and undisclosed sports equipment and clothing valued at a total of $3,025 were reported stolen from the front porch of a home in the 2200 block of Fairfax Road. Police said the items had been delivered to the home and then stolen.
In the second incident, a woman was charged with theft and taken to Franklin County Jail after allegedly attempting to steal five purses valued at a total of $1,079 from a department store in the 1800 block of West Henderson Road.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* More than $10,000 in unauthorized charges were reported Jan. 6 on a credit card for a Columbus medical office, the owner of which resides in the 1900 block of Edgemont Road.
* A woman was charged Jan. 5 with OVI, OVI per se, a marked-lanes violation and no headlights following a stop at Fishinger and Hove roads. Her blood-alcohol level was 0.225, according to police reports.
* Police charged a man with shoplifting Jan. 4 after he allegedly attempted to steal undisclosed merchandise from a grocery store in the 1900 block of West Henderson Road.
* A man was charged with OVI, failure to control and OVI per se Dec. 31 following a crash at Kenny Road and Kenbrook Hills. His blood-alcohol level tested at 0.194, according to Upper Arlington police.
* Also on Dec. 31, a man was charged with OVI, OVI per se, failure to control and driving over a curb after a one-vehicle crash in which the driver drove off the road near Lane Avenue and Chester Road. His blood-alcohol level tested at 0.182, according to police reports.
* A Wi-Fi unit valued at $300 and a $25 gift certificate were reported stolen Dec. 30 from the vehicle of a woman living in the 4600 block of Coach Road. The woman reported she believed the items were stolen by a woman she hired via an Internet advertising website to clean her home and vehicle.
* Computer equipment valued at a total of $1,300 was reported stolen Dec. 30 from an unlocked vehicle in the 4500 block of Summit Ridge Drive.
* Undisclosed computer equipment and personal papers valued at a total of $601 were reported stolen Dec. 30 from two vehicles at a home in the 2400 block of Billiton Court.