Upper Arlington police
Drug charges filed after man found unconscious in vehicle
Police were dispatched to the 3300 block of Kirkham Road Jan. 10, where an officer found two people unconscious in a vehicle.
The officer reported seeing a hypodermic syringe in plain sight inside the vehicle beside the man in the driver's seat.
Police said the man in the driver's seat couldn't identify what street he was parked on, and a subsequent search of the vehicle found a bag containing heroin residue, three other syringes, a spoon containing heroin residue, two unspecified pipes and pills identified as Alprazolam.
The man in the driver's seat was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of drug abuse instruments. He later posted $140 bond and was released to a family member.
In other Upper Arlington police news:
* Following a stop at Riverside Drive and Waltham Road Jan. 14, a Columbus man was charged with OVI, OVI refusal within the past 20 years, operating a motor vehicle without a valid driver's license, driving under suspension and failure to reinstate. Officers also found two traffic-related warrants had been issued for him from Columbus.
* Police stopped a man at West Lane Avenue and North Star Road Jan. 13 and charged him with expired tags, driving under FRA suspension, driving under suspension and no operator's license. Officers also found a warrant had been issued for him from the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
* Unspecified computer equipment and clothing valued at a total of $1,270 were reported stolen Jan. 11 from a home in the 1900 block of Beverly Road.
* A manager at Cold Water Creek, 1659 W. Lane Ave., reported Jan. 10 he found a blue change purse in the store sometime before Christmas. The purse contained $182.75 in cash and a Mimi's Restaurant gift card.
* Approximately 15 Hydrocodone pills and $63 in cash were reported stolen Jan. 9 from a woman's home and vehicle in the 4400 block of Reed Road.
The woman said the items came up missing after she let a white man, described as in his mid-30s to early-40s, 6-feet tall and weighing 190 pounds, inside to tour her home, which is for sale. She said he drove off in a black truck that possibly had a third door and rear seating in the cab.
* An employee of a restaurant in the 4700 block of Reed Road reported Jan. 8 that someone broke the lower pane of glass in the business' front door by throwing a rock through it and entered the business, damaged the cash register and stole three beers. Police reports said there was no money in the cash register at the time of the incident.
* Theft charges and a no-trespass order were given to a man Jan. 8 after he allegedly attempted to steal a bag of french fries and a package of ice cream bars from a grocery store in the 1900 block of West Henderson Road.
* Five coats valued at a total of $875 were stolen Jan. 8 from a department store in the 3100 block of Kingsdale Center by a woman who ran out of the store with the merchandise and fled in a gray, four-door car.