Upper Arlington police
Charges filed against combative sleeper
Upper Arlington police filed several charges against a man who became combative with officers who awakened him Jan. 28 when they found him asleep behind the wheel of a vehicle parked in a driveway in the 2500 block of Clairmont Court. He was charged with disorderly conduct, OVI, OVI per se and physical control of a motor vehicle while under the influence.
In other police reports:
* Approximately $460 worth of unspecified computer hardware and software was reported stolen Jan. 27 from a home in the 4200 block of Mountview Road while the family was away on vacation.
* Following a stop for an illegal turn at the intersection of Riverside Drive and Trabue Road a driver, no gender listed, was charged Jan. 27 with an illegal turn, no operator's license, tags to another vehicle and expired tags.
* A woman was charged Jan. 26 with shoplifting after allegedly placing a "clearance" sticker over a pair of shoes being sold for $139.99 and attempting to purchase them at a reduced price from a department store in the 1800 block of West Henderson Road.
* A woman was charged with OVI, OVI per se and a marked lanes violation Jan. 27 following a stop on West North Star Road. Her blood-alcohol level measured 0.205, police reports said.
* A Rolex watch valued at $8,800 was reported stolen Jan. 27 from a home in the 1200 block of Windham Road.
* Approximately $2,295 in unspecified tools were reported stolen Jan. 24 from a home under construction in the 1600 block of Fishinger Road.
* Sports equipment valued at a total of $1,329, including a golf putter approximately 70 years old, was reported stolen from a garage in the 2400 block of Dorset Road. The man reported his garage was left unlocked because several construction companies were performing work on his property.
* Police reported they had enough evidence to file domestic violence and assault charges against an unidentified person following a Jan. 23 incident at a home in the 4600 block of Sandringham Drive. The suspect fled the home before officers arrived, police reports said.
* After attempting to return an engagement ring to an ex-boyfriend who allegedly had been violent, a woman said the man placed the ring in her mailbox in an effort to force a face-to-face meeting with her. She then turned the ring over to Upper Arlington police.
* A woman living in the 1800 block of Lane Road reported someone drove a vehicle through her front yard.
* A male, age undisclosed, was turned over to his father Jan. 22 after reporting to police he suspected a brownie given by a friend and which he consumed was laced with marijuana. The victim said he reported the incident because the brownie gave him a different reaction than previous marijuana brownies he'd consumed and he began to "freak out" and get scared.
* Two subwoofers valued at a total of $250 were stolen from a vehicle in the 4200 block of Oxford Drive.