Upper Arlington police
Forgotten gun stolen from restroom
A handgun valued at $650 was stolen from restroom facilities at the Lane Avenue Shopping Center after a man said he placed the firearm on top of a toilet paper dispenser in a rear stall of the men's restroom and inadvertently left without retrieving it.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* A 1992 Honda Accord was reported stolen Feb. 12 from a garage behind an apartment unit in the 1600 block of Waltham Road.
The owner reported the garage door does not work and was stuck open at the time of the theft. He also reported the car had been left unlocked and the keys were on the floor.
* Someone passed a counterfeit $20 bill Feb. 11 at a business in the 3100 block of the Kingsdale Center.
* A man in the 1900 block of Tewksbury Road reported Feb. 11 he had sent a $3,500 check in December to an attorney in Honolulu to handle estate matters related to his father’s death. The check was cashed, he said, but he has been unable to reach the attorney since then, and the attorney did not provide the agreed upon legal services.
* A faucet outside a residence in the 2200 block of Johnston Road was turned on, causing the basement to flood Feb. 10. The total loss had not been determined.
* Police arrested a woman in the 1700 block of Ridgecliff Road Feb. 10 on an outstanding warrant for a marked lanes violation.
* A mailbox valued at $50 was struck with an unknown object and knocked off its post at a residence in the 1800 block of Lane Road Feb. 9.